Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Return mail message
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Return mail message Post 302244822 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 04:20:33 PM
Old 10-08-2008
What exactly are you trying to do? Read a mail file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get åäö in e-mail message body

First of all: Hi all, i´m a new unix user and i´m swedish so please bare with me. When i generate an e-mail on a unix server and send it through novell netware 5, i loose the swedish characters å, ä and ö in the body of the message, however they remain in the subject row. What to do? Anyone?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: de98luto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Mail message

Hi When I make change in crontab entries , I get below message as a mail. Can any one tell me what this indicates? ********************************************* From wlsdev05 Fri Sep 22 02:11:23 2006 Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 02:11:23 -0400 (EDT) From: "Geff Thomson - " <wlsdev05>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pick correct message and mail.

Hi, I have the following small script. How can I just print out the string with missing message and send to hotmail.com? Also, can i set the message a bit more beautiful such as "Dear All, the following list is missing in our system"? #!/bin/sh MSG=/log cat list11.txt | awk ' BEGIN { flag... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a message when a file is not found

Hi there, I am writing a script to look for tmp log files that have not been access within the last 10 days. I am using the follwing command within the script: find /var/tmp -name *log -atime -9 ¦xargs What I would like to be able to do would be to display a message if there is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

two files as a message in mail

i have two files --file1 and file2-- how should i send both the contents of files as a message in the mail body ali@unix.com i have written the script ---------------------------- #!/bin/ksh mail -s "the two files are" ali@unix.com < file1 < file2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Message

Hi, Need a script bash,sh or perl doesn't metter, witch can read mail message text file and grep message body. Does it possible? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mirror
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turn Off the Message [YOU HAVE NEW MAIL]

#!/bin/sh cd /u02/app/ccalloc/dev/in CURDIR=`pwd` echo directory listing of $CURDIR echo ls -latr i have a basic shell script that displays a specific files on a directory. when the script is run and it does not find the file in the directory it display a first line message of how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep: Return a user message when no hits

I have ASCII files to parse that 48 hours old or more ; I can identify them like so find . -name "FILE*TXT" -mtime +1 -exec ls -ltas '{}' ';' Some files have a list of hardware errors (we test electronic components), some have none. If the file name has no errors, I still want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to return a message after command runs?

I have a script like this: echo "enter filername in lowercase" read -e filername exec 2>&1 echo "type the start date in format MM/DD/YYYY" read -e startdate exec 2>&1 echo "enter the end date in format MM/DD/YYYY" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies
clamav-milter(8)						  Clam AntiVirus						  clamav-milter(8)

NAME
clamav-milter - milter compatible mail scanner SYNOPSIS
clamav-milter [options] DESCRIPTION
Clamav-milter is a filter for sendmail(1) mail server. It uses a mail scanning engine built into clamd(8). Clamav-milter can use load balancing and fault tolerant techniques to connect to more than one clamd(8) server and seamlessly hot-swap to even the load between different machines and to keep scanning for viruses even when a server goes down. OPTIONS
-h, --help Output help information and exit. -V, --version Print the version number and exit. -c FILE, --config-file=FILE Read configuration from FILE. FILES
/etc/clamav-milter.conf AUTHOR
aCaB <acab@clamav.net> SEE ALSO
sendmail(8), clamav-milter.conf(5), clamd(8), clamd.conf(5) ClamAV 0.96.1 Feb 25, 2009 clamav-milter(8)