Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users emergency shutdown best practices. Post 302244769 by broli on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 03:40:04 PM
Old 10-08-2008
the best way is to create an script per server. called something like
"emergency-shutdown.sh"
and call that one.
and put all the os specific commands on each server
its harder to maintin maybe, but is cleaner, and more flexible.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Emergency boot

I need to boot an OpenServer 5.0.5 server but I don't have emergency boot disks for it. There are some boot disks of other servers. Can I use these disks, changing defbootstr ?. How ?. The fact is that administrator can't login as root and it seems to be a corrupted auth system issue. Other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dags
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Emergency help with script!

I'm trying to write a script to push out to all our servers some Veritas add-ons. I want the script to push to all servers and if there server hardware matches the uname -i statement, it will install a additional add-on.. The script keeps giving me a error on line 29. Here is the script.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Emergency help with ubuntu

Hi guys i have some question about ubuntu(10.10) 1.what time scheduling & page replacement algorithm have been used in ubuntu 2.how to create a process 3.how to kill a process 4.how to send information to a process 5.how to see a process 6.how to increase priority of a process 7.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mortez28
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Emergency !!!Help Please--- NFS

Hi Guru's, I am unable to mount NFS share on unix system (DG/UX) which is nfs client. Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid argument mount: giving up on: /mountpoint i tried following commands mount -t nfs remotehost:/nfsshare /mountpoint Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Justin John
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Best practices

Dear all, Kinda lame question but i'd like to hear your experiences and advice. Question in short ----------------- What permission should a mount point "ideally" have - i think it's root. Ex:- /usr/app/ i'd set the app to be owned by root and within /usr/app i would create another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ossupport55
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX emergency

can anyone please tell me that how can i boot unix from a cd? full procedure. it's an emergency. reply asap (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niket agarwal
1 Replies

8. Linux

Virtualization best practices

Hello admins and gurus I have a controversial topic: now we are investing in a new Linux OS that will hold our Sybase database. The server will virtualized on a VMware server hosted on SAN storage. Now the question is, when we install the database engine is it better - in terms of performance -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
1 Replies
ganeti-cleaner(8)						   Version 2.5.2						 ganeti-cleaner(8)

Name
       ganeti-cleaner - Ganeti job queue cleaner

Synopsis
       ganeti-cleaner

DESCRIPTION
The ganeti-cleaner is a periodically run script to clean old job files from the job queue archive and to remove expired X509 certificates and keys. ganeti-cleaner automatically removes all files older than 21 days from /var/lib/ganeti/queue/archive and all expired certificates and keys from /var/run/ganeti/crypto. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to project website (http://code.google.com/p/ganeti/) or contact the developers using the Ganeti mailing list (ganeti@google- groups.com). SEE ALSO
Ganeti overview and specifications: ganeti(7) (general overview), ganeti-os-interface(7) (guest OS definitions). Ganeti commands: gnt-cluster(8) (cluster-wide commands), gnt-job(8) (job-related commands), gnt-node(8) (node-related commands), gnt- instance(8) (instance commands), gnt-os(8) (guest OS commands), gnt-group(8) (node group commands), gnt-backup(8) (instance import/export commands), gnt-debug(8) (debug commands). Ganeti daemons: ganeti-watcher(8) (automatic instance restarter), ganeti-cleaner(8) (job queue cleaner), ganeti-noded(8) (node daemon), ganeti-masterd(8) (master daemon), ganeti-rapi(8) (remote API daemon). Ganeti htools: htools(1) (generic binary), hbal(1) (cluster balancer), hspace(1) (capacity calculation), hail(1) (IAllocator plugin), hscan(1) (data gatherer from remote clusters). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Google Inc. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. Ganeti ganeti-cleaner(8)