Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unknown SUNWexplo message
Operating Systems Solaris Unknown SUNWexplo message Post 302244720 by incredible on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 12:51:49 PM
Old 10-08-2008
Not a critical error. You may ignore that

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unknown host

Hello all I'm new to this site and I have to say that ,it is just awesome. I was able to get most of my questions answered by reading the archives. I've been a UNIX programmer for a while now but new to administration. I just installed SunOS 5.9 on my desktop ( i86pc) . Everything... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unknown error message "sh: No: not found"

I am getting this error message (sh: No: not found) and I have no idea what line in my unix script its coming from or what it means. Can anyone help? thanks, Cindy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cindytucci
2 Replies

3. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

4. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

su: Unknown id: root

Hi, I am facing an issue with HP-UX box. -bash-4.0$ uname -a HP-UX ctsintco B.11.31 U ia64 2795347624 unlimited-user license When ever iam doing a su - root, it is showing the below error -bash-4.0$ su - root Password: su: Unknown id: root Can you pls. let me know how to over come... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrikanth
2 Replies

6. Programming

[XQuery] How to Convert from JSON Message to XML Message with XQuery

Hi guys, I'm in a job of converting a restful webservice to soap. Tool for convertation uses XQuery. Now i need to convert a message like this: { "firstName": "John", "midName": null, "lastName": "Smith", "married": false, "address": { "streetAddress": "21 2nd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

7. Solaris

How extract SUNWexplo.7.1.pkg & SUNWexplu.7.1.pkg from install_stb.sh?

Hi all, Could please guideas how to extract SUNWexplo.7.2.pkg & SUNWexplu.7.2.pkg from install_stb.sh. I need to upgrade my Sun Explorer to 7.2 version from 7.1 . This what written in read me file about its installation: The Lightweight Availability Collection Tool (LWACT) is no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown fs on usb?

Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 1: helper failed with: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or soThis happens when I try... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
17 Replies
CRITICAL_ENTER(9)                                          BSD Kernel Developer's Manual                                         CRITICAL_ENTER(9)

NAME
critical_enter, critical_exit -- enter and exit a critical region SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/systm.h> void critical_enter(void); void critical_exit(void); DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to prevent preemption in a critical region of code. All that is guaranteed is that the thread currently executing on a CPU will not be preempted. Specifically, a thread in a critical region will not migrate to another CPU while it is in a critical region. The current CPU may still trigger faults and exceptions during a critical section; however, these faults are usually fatal. The critical_enter() and critical_exit() functions manage a per-thread counter to handle nested critical sections. If a thread is made runnable that would normally preempt the current thread while the current thread is in a critical section, then the preemption will be deferred until the current thread exits the outermost critical section. Note that these functions are not required to provide any inter-CPU synchronization, data protection, or memory ordering guarantees and thus should not be used to protect shared data structures. These functions should be used with care as an infinite loop within a critical region will deadlock the CPU. Also, they should not be inter- locked with operations on mutexes, sx locks, semaphores, or other synchronization primitives. One exception to this is that spin mutexes include a critical section, so in certain cases critical sections may be interlocked with spin mutexes. HISTORY
These functions were introduced in FreeBSD 5.0. BSD October 5, 2005 BSD