Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error while trying to print message Post 302244690 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 11:54:09 AM
Old 10-08-2008
A guide regarding IO redirectors:

I/O Redirection

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

I'm getting an error - symbol referencing errors. No output written to, etc Can anybody tell me why this is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan Rooney
2 Replies

2. AIX

Error Message with ls

When I try to list a directory that I have been using rsync to copy, I now am getting the following message. root # ls -alt /directory ls: /directory: Value too large to be stored in data type. total 0 I can change directory and list the contents of directories within /directory, but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallender
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghuber
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to implement SIGKILL and SIGTERM and print a message?

Hello, I am running a webserver that uses sockets, forks, and children. The parent process listens for connections and the child processes the information. I am trying to figure out why the code I have below SIGTERM, and SIGKILL never fire. I was messing around with the printfs and doesnt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: norelco55
11 Replies

5. Solaris

To print Coloured Prelogin Message on SOLARIS--9................

Hiiii..... Every one...... I am using /etc/issue file to display Pre-login Message on my system, installed with SOLARIS-9. I am getting this Message in White fonts having Black background ( Colour of the Screen)..... So, is there ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantshukla
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error message: What does it mean?

I get this error message in my maillog. Can someone tell me what it means? SYSERR(root): collect: I/O error on connection from mail-05.goomba.com I guess it means that the server could not connect to mail-06.goomba.com. Is my interpretation correct? Any idea why it happens? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a message at specific line on prompt

Hi Friends, I am using HP-UNIX(ksh). I want to print a message at specific line on the prompt screen. For Example: for num in 1 10 3 145 do echo $num // need to print this on the same line for each number sleep 2 done Actual Output: ========== 1 10 3 145 Expected Output:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niroj
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Print message while using sqlplus

I want to connect to oracle database from solaris... After that i will drop and create a no.of tables.One of the table example is as below. sqlplus -s usrname/password@dbname << SQL >> $logfile 2>&1 echo " dropping the table1" | tee logfile DROP TABLE Table1 echo "creating the table1" |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check the string in a file and print an attribute in the message

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and got a task to complete. Task is : we have a log file where in i need to traverse through the whole file to check the string "Person Type missing in message" and after that i need to get EMPLID=xxxxxx from the file and print details in a different file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suren424
1 Replies
VIEW-OS(1)						      General Commands Manual							VIEW-OS(1)

NAME
vuname - print view information SYNOPSIS
vuname [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Print certain view information. With no OPTION, same as -s. OPTIONS
-a, --all print all information, in the following order, except omit -p and -i if unknown. -s, --kernel-name print the kernel name -n, --nodename print the network node hostname -r, --kernel-release print the kernel release -v, --kernel-version print the kernel version -m, --machine print the machine hardware name -p, --processor print the processor type or "unknown" -i, --hardware-platform print the hardware platform or "unknown" -o, --operating-system print the operating system -U, --serverid print the view-os server id -V, --viewid print the view id -N, --viewname print the view name -x, --nouname do not use uname (without this flag the command behaves like uname when it runs on a non View-OS enabled environment). -q, --quiet quiet mode: error messages suppressed --help display a help message and exit --version output version information and exit SEE ALSO
umview(1),uname(1) AUTHORS
View-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli. <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/view-os> Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>. VIEW-OS: a process with a view June 11, 2007 VIEW-OS(1)