Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Connect Solaris 10 to NetApp filer using Emulex single port HBAs. Post 302244687 by pupp on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 11:51:14 AM
Old 10-08-2008
the emulex lputil (including hbanyware util) is only for lpfc devices. in order for you to work with the sfs drivers you will use all the emulex provided utils

so there are two drivers:
1. emulex sfs fca (emlxs) <--- this is leadville driver (which i wrote wrongly in the other post. sorry about that!!!)
2. emulex lpfc

sun-branded emulex hbas are only supported by SFS drivers only. lpfc won't load.

so, by your output, it looks as if all hbas are picking up the sfs driver which is good.

i believe you need to use cfgadm to configure this and then update your /etc/vfstab with the ssd pathname.

look at the 25th page of this doc.
http://www-dl.emulex.com/support/sol...ase/manual.pdf

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Use DFM Netapp 3.01 R1 on Solaris 8

I have this problem when i integrate a new san switch in DFM 3.01 R1 : dfm fcswitch add switchname1 Error: Host switchname2 (11197) already exists. switchname2 is a similar san switch but in another fabric, switchname2 is already integrated in DFM database. Bests Regards Olivier (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omainfroy
2 Replies

2. Solaris

emulex card on solaris 9

Hello, I am new on solaris. We will connect our sun solaris system to the SAN and add 2 Emulex card on the system (solaris 9). Who have already done this and can give me the procedure to follow ? driver to install multipath etc... Thanks in advance Emmanuel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emma32
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 x86_64 - Emulex Fibrechannel drivers

Hello! I'm having problems to install Emulex fibrechannel card drivers to a HP DL580 G5 running Solaris 10 x86_64. Any of you guys had this problem or knows the answer? =) cfgadm gives me the following info, which seems to say that it is ok? But the card has'nt logged into the switch... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Netapp filer LUN Resize. Commands to run on Solaris afterwards.

Hi, I need to increase a veritas filesystem I have currently mounted on a Solaris 10 server. We can resize the LUN on the NetApp filer no problem. What I need to know is what do I do next on the Solaris 10 server I have so that it will see the increase in size. Do I run 'devfsadm' to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't see Netapp LUN on Solaris using LPFC after reboot.

Hi, I've just edited this post. I found the solution for this. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 / NetApp volumes - Forbidden: You don't have permission to access...

Hi all We have a couple of solaris zones running a jboss app in a cluster. Each zone has a shared netapp volume mounted to /app/xxx with everything under that subdir apart from jboss which is local to each zone in /app/jboss-3.2.5 There is a symlink in /app/xxx/jboss-3.2.5 which points to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Netapp filer details - command?

What command can I use to find out details about a netapp filer. I have a directory that is a filer i would like to know details about the source host/folder that it points to. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjohnson
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to mount a NetApp snapshoot to a Solaris server?

Hi I have NetApp lun, that was mounted on server as a file system that failed, and that server is no longer in use, but I would like to use that file system on another server. The NetApp Admin, told me he can present that lun to my other system, but my problem is how to mount it? Because that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 installing on Cisco UCS doesn't see HBAs

The chassis config is right... this blade can boot to VMware ESXi and see HBAs and LUNs. Solaris isn't seeing the HBAs at all... luxadm probe returns ERROR: No Fibre Channel Adapters found. fcinfo hba-port -l returns No Adapters Found. prtdiag -v gets me: ==== Upgradeable Slots... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
3 Replies
NetApp::Snapmirror(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   NetApp::Snapmirror(3pm)

NAME
NetApp::Snapmirror -- OO class for snapmirror relationships SYNOPSIS
use NetApp::Filer; use NetApp::Snapmirror; my $filer = NetApp::Filer->new( .... ); my @snapmirrors = $filer->get_snapmirrors; my $volume = $filer->get_volume( .... ); my @snapmirrors = $volume->get_snapmirrors; DESCRIPTION
This class encapsulates a single snapmirror relationship, and provides methods for querying information about it, as well as methods for managing it. METHODS
get_filer Returns the NetApp::Filer object for the filer on which this snapmirror relationship is defined. get_source Returns a NetApp::Snapmirror::Source object representing the source filer/volume for this snapmirror relationship. get_destination Returns a NetApp::Snapmirror::Destination object representing the source filer/volume for this snapmirror relationship. Miscellaneous get_* methods All of the following get methods return strings which match the values found for each of the obvious keywords in the output of "snapmirror status -l": get_status get_progress get_state get_lag get_mirror_timestamp get_base_snapshot get_current_transfer_type get_current_transfer_error get_contents get_last_transfer_type get_last_transfer_size get_last_transfer_duration get_last_transfer_from NOTE: In a future release, when snapshots are supported as a proper object, the return value of get_snapshot will almost certainly return such an object. perl v5.14.2 2008-11-26 NetApp::Snapmirror(3pm)