Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Connect Solaris 10 to NetApp filer using Emulex single port HBAs. Post 302244671 by gwhelan on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 11:22:23 AM
Old 10-08-2008
modinfo indicates that I am using the emlxs driver

111 7bac2000 245e28 281 1 emlxs (SunFC emlxs FCA v20060920-2.11l)

prtconf command returns:

SUNW,emlxs, instance #0
fp (driver not attached)
disk (driver not attached)
fp, instance #0 (driver not attached)
pci, instance #8
SUNW,emlxs, instance #1
fp (driver not attached)
disk (driver not attached)
fp, instance #1
ssd, instance #0
ssd, instance #1
ssd, instance #2
ssd, instance #3

I have run the set_emlxs fc10 command and got the following output.

emlxdrv> set_emlxs fc10

NOTICE: emlxs driver already bound to this device (fc10).

Also I can see the LUNs on the filer at the moment as well. So this is working.

# format
Searching for disks...done

5. c3t500A09829647B92Dd1 <NETAPP-LUN-0.2-20.00GB>
/pci@1f,700000/pci@0,2/SUNW,emlxs@1/fp@0,0/ssd@w500a09829647b92d,1

Because I can't use lputil I don't know how to persistently bind the LUNs.

In the emlxdrv utility, it states that LP11000-S and LP11002-S are emlxs only. Does this mean I cannot bind lpfc to this adapter at all?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Use DFM Netapp 3.01 R1 on Solaris 8

I have this problem when i integrate a new san switch in DFM 3.01 R1 : dfm fcswitch add switchname1 Error: Host switchname2 (11197) already exists. switchname2 is a similar san switch but in another fabric, switchname2 is already integrated in DFM database. Bests Regards Olivier (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omainfroy
2 Replies

2. Solaris

emulex card on solaris 9

Hello, I am new on solaris. We will connect our sun solaris system to the SAN and add 2 Emulex card on the system (solaris 9). Who have already done this and can give me the procedure to follow ? driver to install multipath etc... Thanks in advance Emmanuel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emma32
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 x86_64 - Emulex Fibrechannel drivers

Hello! I'm having problems to install Emulex fibrechannel card drivers to a HP DL580 G5 running Solaris 10 x86_64. Any of you guys had this problem or knows the answer? =) cfgadm gives me the following info, which seems to say that it is ok? But the card has'nt logged into the switch... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Netapp filer LUN Resize. Commands to run on Solaris afterwards.

Hi, I need to increase a veritas filesystem I have currently mounted on a Solaris 10 server. We can resize the LUN on the NetApp filer no problem. What I need to know is what do I do next on the Solaris 10 server I have so that it will see the increase in size. Do I run 'devfsadm' to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't see Netapp LUN on Solaris using LPFC after reboot.

Hi, I've just edited this post. I found the solution for this. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 / NetApp volumes - Forbidden: You don't have permission to access...

Hi all We have a couple of solaris zones running a jboss app in a cluster. Each zone has a shared netapp volume mounted to /app/xxx with everything under that subdir apart from jboss which is local to each zone in /app/jboss-3.2.5 There is a symlink in /app/xxx/jboss-3.2.5 which points to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Netapp filer details - command?

What command can I use to find out details about a netapp filer. I have a directory that is a filer i would like to know details about the source host/folder that it points to. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjohnson
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to mount a NetApp snapshoot to a Solaris server?

Hi I have NetApp lun, that was mounted on server as a file system that failed, and that server is no longer in use, but I would like to use that file system on another server. The NetApp Admin, told me he can present that lun to my other system, but my problem is how to mount it? Because that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 installing on Cisco UCS doesn't see HBAs

The chassis config is right... this blade can boot to VMware ESXi and see HBAs and LUNs. Solaris isn't seeing the HBAs at all... luxadm probe returns ERROR: No Fibre Channel Adapters found. fcinfo hba-port -l returns No Adapters Found. prtdiag -v gets me: ==== Upgradeable Slots... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
3 Replies
ddi_get_instance(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				      ddi_get_instance(9F)

NAME
ddi_get_instance - get device instance number SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_get_instance(dev_info_t *dip); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to dev_info structure. DESCRIPTION
ddi_get_instance() returns the instance number of the device corresponding to dip. The system assigns an instance number to every device. Instance numbers for devices attached to the same driver are unique. This pro- vides a way for the system and the driver to uniquely identify one or more devices of the same type. The instance number is derived by the system from different properties for different device types in an implementation specific manner. Once an instance number has been assigned to a device, it will remain the same even across reconfigurations and reboots. Therefore, instance numbers seen by a driver may not appear to be in consecutive order. For example, if device foo0 has been assigned an instance number of 0 and device foo1 has been assigned an instance number of 1, if foo0 is removed, foo1 will continue to be associated with instance number 1 (even though foo1 is now the only device of its type on the system). RETURN VALUES
ddi_get_instance() returns the instance number of the device corresponding to dip. CONTEXT
ddi_get_instance()can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
path_to_inst(4) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 1994 ddi_get_instance(9F)