Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming undefined reference to `__ctype_b' Post 302244644 by princelinux on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 10:30:36 AM
Old 10-08-2008
I just link 3rd part archive file (xerces-c.a) to make my own program.

the error looks like:

./lib_2_8_64bit/libxerces-c.a(XMLString.o): In function `xercesc_2_8::XMLString::trim(char*)':
XMLString.cpp(.text+0xa85): undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
XMLString.cpp(.text+0xab0): undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Error 1

however, if i link shared library (xerces-c.so) instead of .a file, then it compiles.

so any tips or tricks when linking the static library?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Undefined reference to Error

Hello, plz help me out with this error, i am getting this error when i compile my code with gcc. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.3.2/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18): In function `_start': : undefined reference to `main' /tmp/cciLxqdV.o(.text+0x3c): In function `HandleUserTransaction()':... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

2. Programming

about undefined reference for 'sinf'

I m writting code in c using another library(parapin) and making Makefile .but there is a error like undefined reference to `sinf' undefined reference to `ceilf' although i have added math.h library in my code . I tried to run simple programme using math.h and it run.but in making Makefile it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharat suthar
2 Replies

3. Programming

undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Hi I wanted to learn communication between threads and I used a simple example but I faced with this error while I have a sofware that uses this functions without any problem so would you please help me to know the reason thanks for your help and great favor. #include <pthread.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netman
2 Replies

4. Programming

undefined reference to `__udivdi3@GCC_3.0'

While I made something, I get following message. --------------------------------------------- undefined reference to `__udivdi3@GCC_3.0' --------------------------------------------- Is '__udivdi3@GCC_3.0' a name of function ? if not, what does '@GCC_3.0' mean ? I want to make and link a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcliff
1 Replies

5. Programming

undefined reference to 'function'

Hi, i want to compile a code where fortran calls c . First I compiled C module ,it has pass by gcc. However, after generating .o file. I compiled C and fortran files together by intel fortran and it failed " undefined reference to 'vicerror'". vicerror is a function. I do not know why. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinhsu
1 Replies

6. Programming

undefined reference to pthread_create

I try to compile a sample c code in fedora eclipse 3.2 as managed makefile using pthread library,it shows some error on pthread functions.Error is of undefined reference to pthread.Anybody guide me to solve this problem. Thanking you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sujith4u87
1 Replies

7. Programming

undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Hi guys. H was learning posix threads in C with anjuta IDE. it gives me undefined reference to `pthread_create' I know i should compile it like: gcc -lpthread main.c how should i import this configuration in anjuta so i can compile inside it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

undefined reference help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: i know when undefined reference shows up the program is saying it is not link to that function but the problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

undefined reference help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The problem is a function which i typed although it kept saying that it is a undefined reference still. other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies
QToolTipGroup(3qt)														QToolTipGroup(3qt)

NAME
QToolTipGroup - Collects tool tips into related groups SYNOPSIS
#include <qtooltip.h> Inherits QObject. Public Members QToolTipGroup ( QObject * parent, const char * name = 0 ) ~QToolTipGroup () bool delay () const bool enabled () const Public Slots void setDelay ( bool ) void setEnabled ( bool ) Signals void showTip ( const QString & longText ) void removeTip () Properties bool delay - whether the display of the group text is delayed bool enabled - whether tool tips in the group are enabled DESCRIPTION
The QToolTipGroup class collects tool tips into related groups. Tool tips can display two texts: one in the tip and (optionally) one that is typically in a status bar. QToolTipGroup provides a way to link tool tips to this status bar. QToolTipGroup has practically no API; it is only used as an argument to QToolTip's member functions, for example like this: QToolTipGroup * grp = new QToolTipGroup( this, "tool tip relay" ); connect( grp, SIGNAL(showTip(const QString&)), myLabel, SLOT(setText(const QString&)) ); connect( grp, SIGNAL(removeTip()), myLabel, SLOT(clear()) ); QToolTip::add( giraffeButton, "feed giraffe", grp, "Give the giraffe a meal" ); QToolTip::add( gorillaButton, "feed gorilla", grp, "Give the gorilla a meal" ); This example makes the object myLabel (which you must supply) display (one assumes, though you can make myLabel do anything, of course) the strings "Give the giraffe a meal" and "Give the gorilla a meal" while the relevant tool tips are being displayed. Deleting a tool tip group removes the tool tips in it. See also Help System. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QToolTipGroup::QToolTipGroup ( QObject * parent, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a tool tip group called name, with parent parent. QToolTipGroup::~QToolTipGroup () Destroys this tool tip group and all tool tips in it. bool QToolTipGroup::delay () const Returns TRUE if the display of the group text is delayed; otherwise returns FALSE. See the "delay" property for details. bool QToolTipGroup::enabled () const Returns TRUE if tool tips in the group are enabled; otherwise returns FALSE. See the "enabled" property for details. void QToolTipGroup::removeTip () [signal] This signal is emitted when a tool tip in this group is hidden. See the QToolTipGroup documentation for an example of use. See also showTip(). Example: helpsystem/mainwindow.cpp. void QToolTipGroup::setDelay ( bool ) [slot] Sets whether the display of the group text is delayed. See the "delay" property for details. void QToolTipGroup::setEnabled ( bool ) [slot] Sets whether tool tips in the group are enabled. See the "enabled" property for details. void QToolTipGroup::showTip ( const QString & longText ) [signal] This signal is emitted when one of the tool tips in the group is displayed. longText is the extra text for the displayed tool tip. See also removeTip(). Example: helpsystem/mainwindow.cpp. Property Documentation bool delay This property holds whether the display of the group text is delayed. If set to TRUE (the default), the group text is displayed at the same time as the tool tip. Otherwise, the group text is displayed immediately when the cursor enters the widget. Set this property's value with setDelay() and get this property's value with delay(). bool enabled This property holds whether tool tips in the group are enabled. This property's default is TRUE. Set this property's value with setEnabled() and get this property's value with enabled(). SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qtooltipgroup.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2007 Trolltech ASA, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qtooltipgroup.3qt) and the Qt version (3.3.8). Trolltech AS 2 February 2007 QToolTipGroup(3qt)