Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming undefined reference to `__ctype_b' Post 302244644 by princelinux on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 10:30:36 AM
Old 10-08-2008
I just link 3rd part archive file (xerces-c.a) to make my own program.

the error looks like:

./lib_2_8_64bit/libxerces-c.a(XMLString.o): In function `xercesc_2_8::XMLString::trim(char*)':
XMLString.cpp(.text+0xa85): undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
XMLString.cpp(.text+0xab0): undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Error 1

however, if i link shared library (xerces-c.so) instead of .a file, then it compiles.

so any tips or tricks when linking the static library?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Undefined reference to Error

Hello, plz help me out with this error, i am getting this error when i compile my code with gcc. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.3.2/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18): In function `_start': : undefined reference to `main' /tmp/cciLxqdV.o(.text+0x3c): In function `HandleUserTransaction()':... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

2. Programming

about undefined reference for 'sinf'

I m writting code in c using another library(parapin) and making Makefile .but there is a error like undefined reference to `sinf' undefined reference to `ceilf' although i have added math.h library in my code . I tried to run simple programme using math.h and it run.but in making Makefile it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharat suthar
2 Replies

3. Programming

undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Hi I wanted to learn communication between threads and I used a simple example but I faced with this error while I have a sofware that uses this functions without any problem so would you please help me to know the reason thanks for your help and great favor. #include <pthread.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netman
2 Replies

4. Programming

undefined reference to `__udivdi3@GCC_3.0'

While I made something, I get following message. --------------------------------------------- undefined reference to `__udivdi3@GCC_3.0' --------------------------------------------- Is '__udivdi3@GCC_3.0' a name of function ? if not, what does '@GCC_3.0' mean ? I want to make and link a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcliff
1 Replies

5. Programming

undefined reference to 'function'

Hi, i want to compile a code where fortran calls c . First I compiled C module ,it has pass by gcc. However, after generating .o file. I compiled C and fortran files together by intel fortran and it failed " undefined reference to 'vicerror'". vicerror is a function. I do not know why. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinhsu
1 Replies

6. Programming

undefined reference to pthread_create

I try to compile a sample c code in fedora eclipse 3.2 as managed makefile using pthread library,it shows some error on pthread functions.Error is of undefined reference to pthread.Anybody guide me to solve this problem. Thanking you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sujith4u87
1 Replies

7. Programming

undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Hi guys. H was learning posix threads in C with anjuta IDE. it gives me undefined reference to `pthread_create' I know i should compile it like: gcc -lpthread main.c how should i import this configuration in anjuta so i can compile inside it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

undefined reference help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: i know when undefined reference shows up the program is saying it is not link to that function but the problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

undefined reference help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The problem is a function which i typed although it kept saying that it is a undefined reference still. other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies
FORT77(1)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 FORT77(1)

NAME
fort77 - invoke f2c Fortran translator transparently, like a compiler SYNOPSIS
fort77 [-c] [-g] [-v] [-k] [-P] [-cpp] [f2c option ...] [-L directory ...] [gcc-option ...] [link option ...] [-O optlevel] [-o out- file] [-s] [-w] [-Wx,arg1[,arg2]...] file ... DESCRIPTION
The fort77 script invokes the f2c command transparently, so it can be used like a real Fortran compiler. It can be used to compile For- tran, C and assembler code, and to link it with the f2c libraries. File arguments ending with .f are compiled as Fortran source files. Files which end with .P are passed through to f2c, and files ending with .F are passed to the C preprocessor (invoked as "/lib/cpp -traditional") first. Any switches passed via -D will be passed to the pre- processor. If the translation is successful, the resulting C files will be passed to cc for translation into an object file. Files ending in .c, .C, .cc, .i, .s, .S, .m, .cc or .cxx are passed to the GNU C compiler directly; see gcc(1). All other files are passed to the linker. OPTIONS
-c Supress linking and produce an object ( .o ) file from each source file. -g Include debugging information. -v Be verbose; supplying this twice will also tell the C compilers etc to be verbose. -k Keep the C files generated by f2c around. -cpp Pass Fortran code through the C preprocessor, as if filenames ended in .F. -P Generate f2c .P files. -Ldirectory Include directory in the search for libraries in the final linking stage. -o outfile Send output to outfile. -trapuv Have f2c generate code to trap uninitialized values. -Wx,arg1[,arg2...] Pass the argument[s] argi through to the subprocess x, where x can assume one of the following values: f for the f2c step, p for the preprocessing step, c for the C compiler, a for the assembler (this is actually passed to the C compiler, too), and l for the linker. As an example, defining a preprocessor constant for the C compilation step would be done with -Wc,-DUNIX=1. Specifying the -f option to f2c would be done via -Wf,-f. f2c option fort77 passes through almost all f2c options: -C, -U, -u, -a, -E, -h, -P, -R, -r, -z, -I2, -I4, -onetrip, -!c, -!l, -!P, -!R, -ext, -!bs, -W[n], -trapuv, -w8, -r8 and -w66. gcc options The following options are passed through to gcc: -f*, -W*, -U*, -A*, -m*, -S, -E, -v, -x, -pipe, -o, -I, -V, -b*, -p, -pg. linker option The options passed to the linking stage are -static, -shared, -v, -V, and -symbolic. BUGS
To make debugging work, you need to set a breakpoint at MAIN__ before you start. f2c This script automatically supplies the -I. option to f2c. Older versions of f2c may not support this. This script is for the interaction of gcc and f2c; using it with another compiler will probably require modification. The fort77 script does not strictly conform to Posix.2, because it acceppts long options with one leading slash. This is done for gcc com- patibility. SEE ALSO
f2c(1), cc(1), as(1), ld(1) AUTHOR
Thomas Koenig, ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de Linux Nov 1996 FORT77(1)