Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem in script when using variables Post 302244579 by palsevlohit_123 on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 08:33:06 AM
Old 10-08-2008
Thanks, Its working.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with variables

hi all , i wanted to know if someone knows how can i use a variable inside another variable e.g. #!/bin/csh foreach test(1 2 3) set sta_$test = "2" ##now its the problem i want to echo the new var #$sta_$test , each time with anothe num ($test = 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem accessing Multiple Variables from C Program to a Shell script

program name--test #!/bin/bash output1=`/home/user/a.c` output2=`/home/user/a.c` k=`$output1 + 1` m=`$output2 + 1` echo $k echo $m --------------------------------------------------------------------------- prgram name--a.c #include<stdio.h> int main() (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameworld1980
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with grep script (2 variables)

#!\bin\sh TEST=test.log GREP=\usr\bin\grep $GREP -i 'dog\|cat' ${TEST} Why doesn't grep run at all? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzaddict
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem using variables in bash script

I am using variable to give the location of the file I am using but I get error. Here is the code: LogFile=/tmp/log.email echo -e "could not close the service - error number $error \n" > $LogFile well this is not all the code but is enough because the problem start when I try to use the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while concatenating variables in shell script

Hi folks, I am facing problem when I concat variables with the string. Value for 'JDBC_CLASSES' variable looks malformed (/classes12.zip2.0KAGES) But, my expected result for 'JDBC_CLASSES' is /opt/API-R111/PACKAGES/jdbc/ORACLE9.2.0/classes12.zip Am I missing anything here? My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhil
10 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem setting environment variables from script

Hi all! I know that environment variables can be set on the .bashrc file, but I need to set them from a sh script. I saw a lot of websites that teach this but it doesn't work for me. #!/bin/sh DEKTOP=$DESKTOP=:/home/rrodrigues/Desktop export DESKTOP if I do echo $DESKTOP returns me... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script problem - Variables Causing Issue

can someone please explain to me what i'm doing wrong with this code: WELT=$(awk '(($1 ~ "^${caag}$") || ($2 ~ "^${caag}$"))' /tmp/Compare.TEXT) when run from the command line, it works. but it seems to be having a problem doing the comparison when variables are involved. i tested from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Global variables in shell script

hi, i have a shell script which calls another shell which in turn calls another shell script. Main_shell_script.sh echo "In Main_shell_script.sh" FILENAME="original.txt" # LINE 1 DST_FILENAME=$FILENAME # LINE 2 echo "FILENAME = {$FILENAME}" echo "DST_FILENAME =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with variables and bash script

From the command line: dions-air:scripts dion$ ls -l /Users/dion/Library/Application\ Support/Garmin/Devices/3816821036/History/2014-06-07-055251.TCX -rw-r--r-- 1 dion staff 157934 7 Jun 06:55 /Users/dion/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Devices/3816821036/History/2014-06-07-055251.TCXworks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dionbl
2 Replies
CD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     CD(1)

NAME
cd -- change working directory SYNOPSIS
cd directory DESCRIPTION
Directory is an absolute or relative pathname which becomes the new working directory. The interpretation of a relative pathname by cd depends on the CDPATH environment variable (see below). ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables affect the execution of cd: CDPATH If the directory operand does not begin with a slash (/) character, and the first component is not dot (.) or dot-dot (..), cd searches for the directory relative to each directory named in the CDPATH variable, in the order listed. The new working directory is set to the first matching directory found. An empty string in place of a directory pathname represents the current directory. If the new working directory was derived from CDPATH, it will be printed to the standard output. HOME If cd is invoked without arguments and the HOME environment variable exists and contains a directory name, that directory becomes the new working directory. See csh(1) for more information on environment variables. The cd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
csh(1), pwd(1), sh(1), chdir(2) STANDARDS
The cd command is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BSD
June 5, 1993 BSD