Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users test the string is char or integer Post 302244541 by zaxxon on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 06:30:19 AM
Old 10-08-2008
If the string is somewhat fix, you can test it with case/esac, or should it be generic?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Integer to String

Which function should I use to convert an Integer to a String or Char format ? Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psilva
2 Replies

2. Programming

C function to test string or integer

Hi everyone , Is there any predefined C function that tests whether an input is string or an integer? Thank's in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqq
3 Replies

3. Programming

to compare two integer values stored in char pointers

How can I compare two integer values which is stored in char pointers? suppose I have char *a and char *b having values 10 and 20. how can i find the shorter value? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Programming

I don't know how to replace input char with appropriate integer

Hi guys, I asked for help on programming forums and no one didn't helped me so I ask for help here. I am playing with some tasks from my book and I can't figure where did I get wrong. From the first program I get a blank screen, program won't generate 10*10 matrix. And second problem is I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I test the first char of each line in an array

Hi folks, I am self-learning as I can I have a script that has read a file into an array. I can read out each line in the array with the code: for INDEX in {0..$LENGTH} ## $LENGTH was determined at the read in do echo "${data}" done What I need to do is test the first char... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Integer Test

Working out a small problem, I have a need of a Perl snippet which might look something like this: use integer; ... if ($changingNumber / 2) { do something; } else { do something else; } ... What I want to happen is for "if" to resolve as "true" every time a whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
3 Replies
EPUB-FIX(1)							      calibre							       EPUB-FIX(1)

NAME
epub-fix - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
epub-fix [options] file.epub DESCRIPTION
Fix common problems in EPUB files that can cause them to be rejected by poorly designed publishing services. By default, no fixing is done and messages are printed out for each error detected. Use the options to control which errors are automati- cally fixed. Whenever you pass arguments to epub-fix that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit --unmanifested Fix unmanifested files. epub-fix can either add them to the manifest or delete them as specified by the delete unmanifested option. --delete-unmanifested Delete unmanifested files instead of adding them to the manifest --epubcheck Workarounds for bugs in the latest release of epubcheck. epubcheck reports many things as errors that are not actually errors. epub- fix will try to detect these and replace them with constructs that epubcheck likes. This may cause significant changes to your epub, complain to the epubcheck project. SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> epub-fix (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 EPUB-FIX(1)