Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Controling a statement to execute Post 302244509 by zaxxon on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 04:33:48 AM
Old 10-08-2008
Note: This is not AIX specific, should have been posted in the Shell Scripting subboard; recall this next time please Smilie

Quote:
The problem is that I am clering the file which contains the completed job entry at the last.
And say if a job fails it goes and clear the file.

What i need is that only if the entire file is sucessfully executed then only I should clear the file and if the scripts fails in between it should skip this step.
I am not sure how you check if your job was ok or not - I guess you will have to parse your error.txt... ?
So just react to this and not simply erase your file in the end, wether it was succesful or not, as you do it atm.
Not sure if your runEod.sh produces an exit code you can use to decide what to do next.
Since you have this script and probably wrote it yourself, I guess you can easily adjust to your efforts?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get an if statement to execute based on number of lines in a file?

I need to have an if statement in a script to run if there are certain processes running. Easiest way I can see to do this is to run a ps and grep the results based on what I am looking for: $ ps -ef | grep wtrs --- webtrend 5046 1 0 May 12 ? 0:28 /webtrends/versions/6.1/wtrs_ui... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script does not execute Insert Statement

Hi I have a text file , contents are Line1:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 Line2:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 Line3:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 ....and so on... I want to read this file and insert the data into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i execute in IF ELSE Statement

ls -ld /path/to/dir1 path/to/dir2 | awk '{print $8}' how to execute above script in IF ELSE Statement. Pls iam new to Unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laknar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute the same statement

I have written a script for converting an IP address into its corresponding AS number in PHP. But based on the timing analysis, I've observed that it takes a long time to process large number of entries. So I need to do something directly in unix. What method would one suggest for this purpose? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each value in an array, execute select statement

Hello All, I am new to shell scripting. I am working on Solaris O/S, bash script and sybase programming. I want to loop through multiple values in an array and for each value, I want to select a row from the database. following is the code written for it. output="loop.csv" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arundhati_s
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in controling execution rate of script in shell

I want to control the speed of execution of a script, There are 1000 lines in script, i want 100 lines to be executed in 10 seconds and from 11th second execution from 101 line should start, again so on. Please help me in creating the script. Thanks, cmaniar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmaniar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute and log each statement/block SQL file

Hi friends, I would like to get some help on the following requirement. I have a SQL file with following things, select 1 from dual; select user from dual; select sysdate from dual; BEGIN PL/SQL Code END; / This file will be saved as sql file. When I run my expected shell script,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssnair
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass tablenames from a file to shell script to execute create statement in DB2

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting, and I need to create nicknames for 600 tables in db2. I have the file names in a text file and i have to pass these table names to a shell script create nicknames in db2. Can some one please help me in this regard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamalanaatha
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
GLOBUS-JOB-CLEAN(1)						  GRAM5 Commands					       GLOBUS-JOB-CLEAN(1)

NAME
globus-job-clean - Cancel and clean up a GRAM batch job SYNOPSIS
globus-job-clean [-r RESOURCE | -resource RESOURCE] [-f | -force] [-q | -quiet] JOBID globus-job-clean [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] DESCRIPTION
The globus-job-clean program cancels the job named by JOBID if it is still running, and then removes any cached files on the GRAM service node related to that job. In order to do the file clean up, it submits a job which removes the cache files. By default this cleanup job is submitted to the default GRAM resource running on the same host as the job. This behavior can be controlled by specifying a resource manager contact string as the parameter to the -r or -resource option. By default, globus-job-clean prompts the user prior to canceling the job. This behavior can be overridden by specifying the -f or -force command-line options. OPTIONS
The full set of options to globus-job-clean are: -help, -usage Display a help message to standard error and exit. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-clean program to standard output. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-clean program including DiRT information to standard output. -resource RESOURCE, -r RESOURCE Submit the clean-up job to the resource named by RESOURCE instead of the default GRAM service on the same host as the job contact. -force, -f Do not prompt to confirm job cancel and clean-up. -quiet, -q Do not print diagnostics for succesful clean-up. Implies -f ENVIRONMENT
If the following variables affect the execution of globus-job-clean. X509_USER_PROXY Path to proxy credential. X509_CERT_DIR Path to trusted certificate directory. University of Chicago 03/18/2010 GLOBUS-JOB-CLEAN(1)