Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Optimizing Systems to Use Flash Memory as a Hard Drive Replacement Post 302244363 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 09:10:15 PM
Old 10-07-2008
Optimizing Systems to Use Flash Memory as a Hard Drive Replacement

When implemented properly, flash devices can boot systems faster and provide higher performance than disk drives. The guidelines in this Sun BluePrints article describe how a system with flash technology can exceed the performance of a server with a hard drive and operate over a similar lifespan.

More...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to copy old hard drive to new hard drive.

:confused: ........I have a new hard drive and I need to copy ALL info from the old to the new. I would like to use the dd command. I know the command is as follows...... dd if=/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0 of=/dev/rdsk/???????? Where I have the question marks is the problem. How do I find out what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

USB flash Drive

Hello all.. I have a Verbatim 2 GB flash drive. I also have Solaris 10 running on my workstation. If I am in the Windows environment, it detects the flash drive. But when I plug it while I am in solaris, nothing happens. How will solaris 10 detect my flash drive? What do I have to do? any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
4 Replies

4. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Hard disk replacement

Hi all, I need some help with a RHEL 4 on a Sun Fire v65x machine. Some of the disks is damaged or has a hardware issue. This disk is connected to a hardware raid. The problem is that I don't know what is the brand, model and capacity of the disk. I've read the raid manual, but says... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelgadom
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Flash drive space issues

Hello, I have a 2 GB RealTek flash drive that has worked well in the past. It's about 1 year old but lately when I plug it into my Ubuntu Intrepid system it only shows 50 MB available even though there are no files on it: $ df -k /media/disk-1 Filesystem 1K-blocks Used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

7. Solaris

removable flash drive

I have a removable usb flash drive which is visible below as no. 2 # rmformat Looking for devices... 1. Volmgt Node: /vol/dev/aliases/cdrom0 Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s2 Physical Node: /pci@0,0/pci-ide@1f,1/ide@0/sd@0,0 Connected Device: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Ultra 2 Hard Drive Replacement

Hi all...I have an old Sun Ultra 2 running SunOS 5.7 (I know old). These machines have 2 hard drives and one of my drives fried. I bought some replacement drives and wanted to a simple "dd" command from my one good drive to copy all to the new replacement drive. The new drives however give me a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Big difference between UNIX systems? Which one as OSX replacement for a developer?

Hello Everyone I am a software developer and private OS X user. I was enthusiastic with what I learned about Linux (on my OS X) during the operating system module at school and I am using some of it. But I may not want to go the Apple way till the end. And OS X is a little too big to run on a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JacobPhelps
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)