Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Totally messed up
Operating Systems AIX Totally messed up Post 302244229 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 01:05:25 PM
Old 10-07-2008
1. do not move any file in /etc, ever.

boot into single user mode if you can. Here is how to do it:
pSeries and AIX Information Center
copy /etc/passwd back to where it belongs, set protections correctly on it.

AIX doesn't use runlevel the way other UNIX systems do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Totally new unix user

Hi, ive just been given a HP UX c180 to play with, along with a few external hd`s, can anyone recommend me a good place to start learning unix please as i havent got a clue what im doing when it comes to unix. Either web links or book recomendations would be great. I would like to set it up with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leviathan40
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

totally new to unix

I'm trying to write a script, named "worfo" which will read a file in and return, on the screen, the number of words in the file. Also, I am looking to do several extras with this script. I need to allow it to accept the option "-n" which will use all non-alpha characters to delimit words. Also,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adawg1283
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I think I have messed up with crontab

Hi Guy, In my system there were some cronjob were already scheduled. and somehow I want to enter one new cronjob with crontab. So I isssue crontab temp.txt. it scheduled that job but now it's showing me only this job with crontab -l. but I can not see the old cronjob list that already set up.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed if statement (totally stuck) apache

I have a irritating problem with a "if"-statement or what you should call it, in sed. I would love some help here since I am very, very stuck. I have this statement that I want to do: if line contains a: do this if none of the lines contained a: do this The problem with this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hjalle
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Totally brand new to CRON

hi there i am very new to the world of CRON. i would like to know from below the ground up how i can learn abouot cron. where the best tutorials lie. i have an assignment that requires i set up a cron job to download a price file. am i in control of where the price file is downloaded to? (eg to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzby
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

messed up path

Help!! Seem to have messed up my path, as I keep getting command not found error. Could someone please tell whats wrong or how to fix it. export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:$PATH ---------- Post updated at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:50 PM ---------- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davcra
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

massive tarred grib files totally unacceptable

Hi, I have 7 terabytes of tar files, one for every single day since 1980. Inside these tar files are GRIB files, each with 100+ variables. There's 8 GRIBs in each tar, corresponding to different times of the day. I need 6 friggin variables..., and it takes TWO WEEKS TO EXTRACT ALL THE TAR FILES... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammysoil
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Totally stucked in ssh port forwarding

Hello my friends , i am totally stuck in ssh port forwarding topic i had learn iptables and other networking topic without any problem but ssh port forwarding is headache 1. local port = what is this ? is this incoming traffic or outgoing traffic 2. remote port = same as above 3. dynamic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Messed up password

I am unable to change my password even in root (recovery mode), or to unlock it. I can still access my account, but without password protection. In GUI Administrator account 'disabled' is displayed. This is what I have done so far: In root:#usermod -U roy usermod:cannot lock /etc/passwd;... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Totally new to shell scripting

lllll (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: risarose87
34 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)