Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers to separate values from a string Post 302244211 by ssuresh1999 on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 12:23:12 PM
Old 10-07-2008
Thanks so much for your answers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

insert pipe in file to separate values

hi all... i need your help, because i donīt know what to do... i have a flat file like this: B065200512312004123111010000061451 000021853 B065200512312004123111020000621907 000417802 B065200512312004123111030000005214 000005861 B065200512312004123111040000120133 000088448 and i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate string

i am a biginner of shell scripting.please help me how can i seperate a string in two parts.eg.user given sting is"oi2ehello".i want to make 2 string string1=oi2e and string2=hello (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate String Shell Script

Hi guys, I am a beginner in shell script.. How can I separate a string coming from a parameter in spaces ? Ex: input: test.sh abcd output: a b c d Thanks Dusse (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusse
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to separate the values in perl??

Hi, I have a string like that and i have to separate the key and value pair. $str="OWN - NLM STAT- MEDLINE DA - 19990311 DCOM- 19990311 LR - 20061115 AB - The perlfaq comprises several documents that answer the most commonly asked questions about Perl and Perl programming. It's divided... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shell, trying to append or separate values in a string

Ok. I for the life of me cant figure out how to do this. I need Help. So here is what I'm trying to do. I have a block of text. They are FIPS codes for counties. Below is the block. There are probably a few ways to do this. The first line starting with ARC021....... this line is a list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chagan02
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get string between quotes separate by commas

I'm a beginner with shell and tried to do this per hours and everytinhg gives different want i do. So I have a lot of file in *.csv ( a.csv, b.csv ...) in each file csv , it has some fields separeted by commas. ----- "joseph";"21","m";"groups";"j.j@gmail.com,j.j2@hotmail.com"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flaviof
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide data with specific column values into separate files

hello! i need a little help from you :) ... i need to split a file into separate files depending on two conditions using scripting. The file has no delimiters. The conditions are col 17 = "P" and col 81 = "*", this will go to one output file; col 17 = "R" and col 81 = " ". Here is an example. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanclitas
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to separate one string

Hello friends. I have on file with following data Jhon Status: Form successfully submitted Maria Status:Form successfully submitted Shyne Status: Form submission pending. Liken Status:Form successfully submitted David Status:Form successfully submitted Rich Status: Form... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate string based on delimiter

Hi, for fd in $(grep "/tmp/" hello.properties)The grep gives me the below output: deploydir=/tmp/app1/dfol prodir= /tmp/hello/prop ...... Now i want to store /tmp/app1/dfol then /tmp/hello/prop in a variable so that i can check if those folders files exists or not. The delimiter would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print line is values between two fields in separate file

I am trying to use awk to find all the $3 values in file2 that are between $2 and $3 in file1. If a value in $3 of file2 is between the file1 fields then it is printed along with the $6 value in file1. Both file1 and file2 are tab-delimited as well as the desired output. If there is nothing to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
docidx_lang_faq(n)						Documentation tools						docidx_lang_faq(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
docidx_lang_faq - docidx language faq DESCRIPTION
OVERVIEW
WHAT IS THIS DOCUMENT? This document is currently mainly a placeholder, to be filled with commonly asked questions about the docidx markup language and compan- ions, and their answers. Please report any questions (and, if possible, answers) we should consider for this document in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. EXAMPLES
WHERE DO I FIND DOCIDX EXAMPLES? We have no direct examples of documents written using docidx markup. However the doctools processor dtplite does generate keyword indices when processing a set of documents written in doctools markup. The intermediate files use docidx markup and are not deleted when generation completes. These files can therefore serve as examples. dtplite is distributed as part of Tcllib, so to get it you need one of [1] A CVS snapshot of Tcllib. How to retrieve such a snapshot and the tools required for this are described at http://source- forge.net/cvs/?group_id=12883 [2] A Tcllib release archive. They are available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12883 BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report any such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either the package and/or the documentation. SEE ALSO
docidx_lang_cmdref, docidx_lang_intro, docidx_lang_syntax KEYWORDS
docidx commands, docidx language, docidx markup, docidx syntax, examples, faq, markup, semantic markup COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools 1.0 docidx_lang_faq(n)