Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE <92> unknown character when opened with Vi editor in Linux Post 302244137 by LinuxTest on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 09:21:31 AM
Old 10-07-2008
Hi Era, ¿ character is coming as another character apart from <92> in the file. I assumed in the beginning that ¿ and <92> are the same. So i asked for the replacement of <92> only in the post. But now i see that ¿ is also there in the file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

underline character in vi editor

I want to print a man page for a command in unix, this is what I did man command > command.txt but when I view the output file command.txt I found there are lot of _^H characters that in the man page are actually underline character, how can I replace this _^H with underline character? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Melissa
2 Replies

2. Programming

C++ Editor for Linux MD9.1

What is the best C++ editor that works under MD9.1? I know the question is more of a personal opinion, but it's more meant for me to see what program would be best to install. Also, does C++ under a unix-based OS work differently then under windows? Because I've learned C++ for windows and want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arendo
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read in a file character by character - replace any unknown ASCII characters with spa

Can someone help me to write a script / command to read in a file, character by character, replace any unknown ASCII characters with space. then write out the file to a new filename/ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghav525
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Number of files currently opened in linux

Hello, How do i check number of files currently opening in the linux server? Your help is highly appreciated. Thank you ---------- Post updated at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:19 PM ---------- never mind!! I got it. ---------- Post updated at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

@ character in vi editor

Hi, I have received a file from in ASCII format. When I am viewing in the vi editor I could see the content like below 000700006098204 983004100 09910LATINA 09920LT 09930380 @ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount unknown (linux) image

I want to buy an ereader described known among others as MDB-106 described here: ambiancetechnology . com . Because I promissed myself never to buy anything (again) that is closed I am trying to see how open it is. It states there there is Linux 2.6 inside. Also some software updates can be... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocus
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J for newline character does not work inside vi editor

Hi friends, I am trying to add a newline char ('\n') between the query and the commit statement in the following shell script. #! /bin/sh echo "select * from tab; commit;" > data.sql I have tried typing in "Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J" combination which has inserted ^@ (NUL) character but the commit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

iptables producing 'Unknown error 18446744073709551615' inRed Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.5

Creating a large number of rules such as 100000, iptables will produce errors after 42000 rules "iptables: Unknown error 18446744073709551615". But another machine where i have debian virtual machine I can easily run the sciprt of 100000 of rules I am waiting for your reply 4.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tahirfattani
1 Replies
XmTextFindStringWcs(3X) 												   XmTextFindStringWcs(3X)

NAME
XmTextFindStringWcs - A Text function that finds the beginning position of a wide character text string SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Text.h> Boolean XmTextFindStringWcs (widget, start, wcstring, direction, position) Widget widget; XmTextPosition start; wchar_t *wcstring; XmTextDirection direction; XmTextPosition *position; DESCRIPTION
XmTextFindStringWcs locates the beginning position of a specified wide character text string. This routine searches forward or backward for the first occurrence of the string, starting from the given start position. If a match is found, the function returns the position of the first character of the string in position. Specifies the Text widget ID. Specifies the character position from which the search pro- ceeds. This is an integer number of characters from the beginning of the text buffer. The first character position is 0. Specifies the wide character search string. Indicates the search direction. It is relative to the primary direction of the text. The possible values are: The search proceeds toward the end of the buffer. The search proceeds toward the beginning of the buffer. Specifies the pointer in which the first character position of the string match is returned. This is an integer number of characters from the beginning of the buf- fer. The first character position is 0. If the function returns False, this value is undefined. For a complete definition of Text and its associated resources, see XmText(3X). RETURN VALUE
Returns True if a string match is found; otherwise, returns False. SEE ALSO
XmText(3X), XmTextFindString(3X) XmTextFindStringWcs(3X)