Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Webmail access using shell scripting Post 302244091 by era on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 07:33:36 AM
Old 10-07-2008
If it's Hotmail, look into gotmail. If you have POP or IMAP access, try fetchmail.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting Bash to access ISP mail

I'm trying to create a small program to look at my isp and pull down the messages into individual text files. This is just a read only setup. I need to pull down the message and kill it on the server. I'm stuck here. I have experimented with a for string but it always fails. I was trying to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

(solved) Shell scripting to access SQLPLUS using variable

I have shell script which will try to login to SQL Plus and retrieve some data, based on the outcome i will proceed further Below is the content of the file pebblz02% cat test1.ksh #! /bin/ksh dummyvar=`sqlplus -S csm_admin/csm_admin@SIDNAME <<EOF echo hi; exit; EOF` Error message on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
0 Replies

4. AIX

ftp access without shell access

Hi all, I'm using AIX v 5.3 I want to create system users to access through ftp or sftp and restrict those users into specific directory and don't traverse the whole file system just to be restricted within a directory and don't get shell access . i don't want to use any other third party... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting questions, remote access

Hi, Background: There are 2 servers server1 and server2 In server1 i have my script to perform a functionality from the script in server1 i m calling a script named action in server2. The script action has to check the size of a file in a particular location in server1, if the size of the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayii
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What do I do in shell scripting to access ma databases from my system?

How do I go about programming my system? I have access to multiple data bases but no way to operate them (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: C-lo
1 Replies
WMAIL(1)							   User Commands							  WMAIL(1)

NAME
wmail - watches your inbox SYNOPSIS
wmail [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
wmail is a Window Maker docklet watching your inbox, which is either a ordinary mbox or a directory conforming to qmails Maildir format. It provides a nice little GUI displaying some useful pieces of information about your inbox. -display <string> display to use -c, --command <string> command to run on button-click ("xterm -e mail" is default) -i, --intervall <number> number of seconds between mail-status updates (1 is default) -f, --familyname tickers the family-name if available -fps, --frames <number> ticker frames per second -s, --shortname tickers the nickname (all before the '@') -sc, --symbolcolor <string> symbol color-name -fc, --fontcolor <string> ticker-font color-name -bc, --backcolor <string> backlight color-name -oc, --offcolor <string> off-light color-name -bg, --background <string> frame-background for non-shaped window -ns, --noshape make the dockapp non-shaped (combine with -w) -n, --new forces wmail to show new mail exclusively -mb, --mailbox <string> specify another mailbox ($MAIL is default) -e, --execute <string> command to execute when receiving a new mail -sf, --statusfield consider the status-field of the mail header to distinguish unread mails -rs, --readstatus <string> status field content that your client uses to mark read mails -fn, --tickerfont <string> use specified X11 font to draw the ticker -h, --help shows this help text and exit -v, --version shows program version and exit -w, --windowed runs the application in windowed mode ENVIRONMENT
wmail recognizes the following environment variables: $MAIL The location of the inbox you are using NOTES
Other mailing mechanisms like POP or IMAP are not supported. Use a tool like fetchmail to retrieve POP or IMAP based mail. AUTHORS
wmail was written by Sven Geisenhainer. This man page was written by Felipe Augusto van de Wiel. SEE ALSO
fetchmail(1). July 2006 wmail v2.0 (C) 2000~2002 Sven Geisenhainer WMAIL(1)