Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cyrillic in Nautilus
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cyrillic in Nautilus Post 302244088 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 07:26:18 AM
Old 10-07-2008
Maybe the OP expects transliteration - files with English character names get the correct Russian characters instead. Using a different locale setting and font encoding will not correct that problem, AFAIK. Extended fonts use different character set spaces as era noted. They do not overlap this way.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Cyrillic under X

RedHat 7.2, Gnome 1.4. tried "everything" but still can't figure out how to make cyrillic characters work normally. actually I don't care about anything other than Opera (6.01). I need it to display cyrillic normally. If anyone knows the solution plz help. TIA!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
2 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to print Cyrillic fonts

Hi All I confifured HP 4250 printer on AIX server..I am unable to print cyrillic fonts prints. Please assist.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandatihari
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to lock nautilus file browser

Hi Everybody.. I am using Moblin V2 which has nautilus file manager the one which is also used in Ubuntu. I want to lock the access to file system such that i can only browse my home folder not other locations like /, /usr, /bin and all. Or i want to create a partition of 10 or 15 GB so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Large Problem with nautilus

Hi, I am a torrent-maniak and I use Transmission. All things were good but Nautilus begun to show problem while I was runnning Transmission.Its situation was becoming worse and worse. Now, when I boot I can hardly open a nautilus window and browse my files.It will "stack" in seconds for sure! I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Nautilus..launcher!!

Ha!! i am on ubuntu 11.04..i was customizing it the other day!!(applying themes,icons,conky and the likes..)..now i realize that the the "Create launcher..." option you get when you right click on the desktop doesn't create a new launcher!! :(...i checked the global menu under file..only to realize... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slotlocker
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

nautilus is not remembering settings

nautilus is not remembering my settings. I have done everything I can think of to get this to work. I have deleted .gconf, .gconfd, and .gnome2. I tried to start over fresh and that did not work either. What else can I do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell to insert cyrillic characters into the databse

i have written a shell script that reads a csv file and inserts tokenized strings into the database. the problem comes when the csv file has cyrillic characters. how do i set the parameters in my shell script(korn shell) so that any characters can be inserted into the database. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cyrillic Hostnames?

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if its possible to set a hostname to a name or word with Cyrillic letters (e.g. - Like the Russian alphabet). I tried installing the cyrillic-console package in Debian. I switched my desktop to Russian as well. However, when I try to set the hostname I get that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nautilus Issue

Good Morning, I have a file in the /.nautilus/thumbnails folder that I am unable to move between two NASs. My script copies it from the Sun machine to a NAS, but the name gets truncated to about 8 characters. The full filename on the Sun SPARC machine is strange:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
1 Replies
nautilus-file-management-properties(1)			      General Commands Manual			    nautilus-file-management-properties(1)

NAME
nautilus-file-management-properties - File Management Preferences SYNOPSIS
nautilus-file-management-properties [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nautilus-file-management-properties command. File Management Preferences allows an user to configure the way nautilus looks. You can specify a default view, and select sort options and display options. You can also specify default settings for icon views and list views. OPTIONS
Nautilus follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show a summary of options. --version Show version. Other standard GNOME options not listed here are also supported. SEE ALSO
File Management Preferences documentation can be found from the "Help" menu, or by pressing the F1 key. Nautilus also has a website at http://www.gnome.org/projects/nautilus/ AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-linux.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others), based on a manpage by Fernando Ribeiro <fernando@staff.nerdgroup.org>. 05 Jan 2008 nautilus-file-management-properties(1)