Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding the line number of matching braces Post 302244045 by summer_cherry on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 05:08:38 AM
Old 10-07-2008
try below perl script

Code:
$class=shift;
open (FH,"<filename") or die "Can not open file!";
while(<FH>){
	if(m/$class/){
		print "Starting ",$.,"\n";
		$flag=1;
	}
	if(m/^\)/ && $flag==1){
		print "Ending ",$.,"\n";
		$flag=0;
	}
}
close(FH);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find matching braces using sed or in shell script

hi, I want to print all the lines between the matching braces. For example,the file contains like the below. asdfsdf fsdfsd WO{ w1{ ada ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boopesh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the line number from a grep ?

Hi there does anybody know how i can get the line number from an entry or entries in a file ?? for example if i had a file test1 test2 test3 test1 and i needed to get the line numbers for all instances of test1 in that file with the answer being (1,4) Would anybody be able... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding opening and closing braces

I am reading a cpp file thru shell script . There are many fuctions inside the cpp file eg pvvd_fncn_name1 { ..... something } pvvd_fncn_name2 { ..... something } what I require is a method to find the first opening brace and the coresponding last brace and search... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select block of text around matching braces

Hi, I have several block of text that I need to select, however this text may be spread over several lines and contains the '{' and '}' within it. For e.g., ABC=100{ DEF = 200 { GHI, JKL } } #2nd Block 123 { 456{78,910}} }I am trying to figure out how to remove... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BootComp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the number of occurence of a word in a line

suppose i have this line abs|der|gt|dftnrk|dtre i want to count the number of "|" in this line.. how can i do that. plz help:confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding line with highest number in a file

Hi All, My file looks some thing like this, File 1: - A 10 B 30 C 5 D 25 E 72 F 23 now my requirement is to find the line with highest number in it, i;e the result should be E 72 Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find out line number of matching string using grep

Hi all, I want to display line number for matching string in a file. can anyone please help me. I used grep -n "ABC" file so it displays 6 ABC. But i only want to have line number,i don't want that it should prefix matching context with line number. Actually my original... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the line with the exact same number

Hello All, What i am doing is , i tail a file from certain chatacter and then cat -n to get the line numbers.I search for a particular string and gets it line number. What i am interested in is the next line immediately after the pattern i search. But grep gives me result for all line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the line number of a particular line in a file

Hi Frnds, I need to find the line number of a particular line in a file and store that line number to a variable. if a file named myfile contains following look at the sun look at the moon look at the star look at the ocean i need to get the line number of the line 'look at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvignesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for fast way of finding line number for a regex

Hello, I am trying to find out the line numbers where regex match and put them into a file with below command: awk '/'$pat'/ {print NR}' $fileName >> temp.txt where $pat is the regex but this command is taking a lot of time to execute with bigger files for size more than 5000000... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeColeEPL9
8 Replies
CPS::Governor(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					CPS::Governor(3pm)

NAME
"CPS::Governor" - control the iteration of the "CPS" functions DESCRIPTION
Objects based on this abstract class are used by the "gk*" variants of the CPS functions, to control their behavior. These objects are expected to provide a method, "again", which the functions will use to re-invoke iterations of loops, and so on. By providing a different implementation of this method, governor objects can provide such behaviours as rate-limiting, asynchronisation or parallelism, and integration with event-based IO frameworks. CONSTRUCTOR
$gov = CPS::Governor->new Must be called on a subclass which implements the "again" method. Returns a new instance of a governor object in that class. SUBCLASS METHODS
Because this is an abstract class, instances of it can only be constructed on a subclass which implements the following methods: $gov->again( $code, @args ) Execute the function given in the "CODE" reference $code, passing in the arguments @args. If this is going to be executed immediately, it should be invoked using a tail-call directly by the "again" method, so that the stack does not grow arbitrarily. This can be achieved by, for example: @_ = @args; goto &$code; Alternatively, the Sub::Call::Tail may be used to apply syntactic sugar, allowing you to write instead: use Sub::Call::Tail; ... tail $code->( @args ); EXAMPLES
A Governor With A Time Delay Consider the following subclass, which implements a "CPS::Governor" subclass that calls "sleep()" between every invocation. package Governor::Sleep use base qw( CPS::Governor ); sub new { my $class = shift; my ( $delay ) = @_; my $self = $class->SUPER::new; $self->{delay} = $delay; return $self; } sub again { my $self = shift; my $code = shift; sleep $self->{delay}; # @args are still in @_ goto &$code; } SEE ALSO
o Sub::Call::Tail - Tail calls for subroutines and methods AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 CPS::Governor(3pm)