Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to find one partucular user logs when there are lots of users running on it Post 302244028 by otheus on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 03:39:21 AM
Old 10-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksr.test
by above grep command we are getting the lines which contains that particular user id right ?
Yes. .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su - user... how to find out the list of users and their passwords..

hi, to do a su - user, we need to know what are the users... so in unix 1) which file to see the list of users, passwords? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to prevent root users from editing files (logs)

How to prevent root users from editing files (logs)? Is there any way? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vehchi
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process launched by user who logs out, continue running ?

Lets say a user starts a process (either a shell script or a Perl script) and before that process finishes, he logs out (either intentionaly or network problems or ...), does the process continu running ? Default shell is Korn. This is because at my job (being trained), there are tasks to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find username of user running the script

Hello All, If I have a simple cgi script and want to find the name of the person accessing the page, is it possible? How do I get the name of this user? Please help. I was trying a vague method but it doesn't seem to work with all browsers and versions ... $val=$ENV{'HTTP_COOKIE'}; $name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garric
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lots of logs to move....don't remove if open

I have a ksh script that currently moves a day's worth of log files (about 15,000) files to a different directory. The issue is that about 100 of these files are still open for write when this happens. I need an efficient way to ensure that these files aren't open without doing an lsof on each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nestafaria
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logs of commands performed by users

Hi, when 2 users are logged as root , how can i find witch one had perform witch command? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Collecting logs by running command

Hi, i am a general user of linux but we work mostly on windows next i am moving full time on linux. here is my question: We have product which consist or several subsystem each subsystem has one module to create logs file dump. and i am going to write that support dump tool. we need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to find the user id of all users in UNIX

I need to find all the unix user id's of all the users in unix... is there any such command... pl help out (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename lots of files with find?

Can someone help me with this script. I have a bunch of files like this: "2209OS_02_Code" "2209OS_03_Code" "2209OS_04_Code" "2209OS_05_Code" "2209OS_06_Code" "2209OS_07_Code" "2209OS_08_Code" "2209OS_09_Code" "2209OS_10_Code" "2209OS_10_video" and I want to rename them to be like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies
libgnome-keyring(3)						C Library Functions					       libgnome-keyring(3)

NAME
libgnome-keyring - gnome keyring library. DESCRIPTION
GNOME Keyring is a system to store passwords and other sensitive data in a standardized way across all GNOME applications. A keyring stores a collection of encrypted passwords and encrypted information about those passwords. A user can have multiple keyrings, each for a different use, but there is a default one, called 'login'. There is also a special 'session' keyring which is not stored on disk and goes away when you log out. When a user logs into GNOME, the keyrings are locked and a master keyring password has to be provided in order to unlock each of them. GNOME Keyring includes an SSH agent which integrates with the gnome-keyring and user login for its passwords. It can also use the main X.509 private key store. GNOME Keyring will set the SSH_AUTH_SOCK environment variable when it starts up. The id_rsa and id_dsa files in ~/.ssh are automatically usable through the SSH agent without first 'loading' them. Other X.509 private keys marked with the 'ssh-authentication' purpose are also usable. Additional SSH keys can be manually loaded and managed via the ssh-add command. If you use another SSH agent(such as the ssh-agent included with OpenSSH), you may want to disable the SSH agent in GNOME Keyring to pre- vent ssh from using it instead of your prefered SSH agent. You can set /apps/gnome-keyring/daemon-components/ssh gconf key to false. This prevents the SSH component of gnome-keyring from starting up when the user logs in. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-keyring-daemon(1), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5) http://library.gnome.org/devel/gnome-keyring/stable/ NOTES
Written by Jeff Cai, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 31 Jul 2008 libgnome-keyring(3)