Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help xml
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help xml Post 302243999 by cfajohnson on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 03:08:32 AM
Old 10-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwork72
Group,

Code:
$ cat 2233
12236 ID2
12239 ID3

Please guide me to construct the following XML from the above input.

<Comp>
        <main>
                <hlp fS="12236" eS="12237">
                        <std no="2233" />
                        <id="ID2"/>
                </hlp>
                <hlp fS="12239" eS="12240">
                        <std no="2233" />
                        <id="ID3"/>
                </hlp>
        </main>
</Comp>

** eS is +1 of fS value
** std no is the file name

This does what you asked for:
Code:
file=2233
{
 read num1 id1
 read num2 id2
} < "$file"
fmt='<Comp>
        <main>
                <hlp fS="%d" eS="%d">
                        <std no="%d" />
                        <id="%s"/>
                </hlp>
                <hlp fS="%d" eS="%d">
                        <std no="%d" />
                        <id="%s"/>
                </hlp>
        </main>
</Comp>'

printf "%fmt\n" "$num1" "$(( $num1 + 1 ))" "$file" "$id1" \
                "$num2" "$(( $num3 + 1 ))" "$file" "$id2"

More probably, what you want is:

Code:
file=2233
head='<Comp>
        <main>'
fmt='                <hlp fS="%d" eS="%d">
                        <std no="%d" />
                        <id="%s"/>
                </hlp>
'

tail='        </main>
</Comp>'

{
 printf "%s\n" "$head"
 while read nnum id
 do
   printf "$fmt" "$num" "$(( $num + 1 ))" "$file" "$id"
 done < "$file"
 printf "%s\n" "$tail"
} > NEWFILE

## (untested)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record id="38,557"><columns><column><name>orge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
RUNKIT_METHOD_ADD(3)							 1						      RUNKIT_METHOD_ADD(3)

runkit_method_add - Dynamically adds a new method to a given class

SYNOPSIS
bool runkit_method_add (string $classname, string $methodname, string $args, string $code, [int $flags = RUNKIT_ACC_PUBLIC]) DESCRIPTION
Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. PARAMETERS
o $classname - The class to which this method will be added o $methodname - The name of the method to add o $args - Comma-delimited list of arguments for the newly-created method o $code - The code to be evaluated when $methodname is called o $flags - The type of method to create, can be RUNKIT_ACC_PUBLIC, RUNKIT_ACC_PROTECTED or RUNKIT_ACC_PRIVATE Note This parameter is only used as of PHP 5, because, prior to this, all methods were public. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 runkit_method_add(3) example <?php class Example { function foo() { echo "foo! "; } } // create an Example object $e = new Example(); // Add a new public method runkit_method_add( 'Example', 'add', '$num1, $num2', 'return $num1 + $num2;', RUNKIT_ACC_PUBLIC ); // add 12 + 4 echo $e->add(12, 4); ?> The above example will output: 16 SEE ALSO
runkit_method_copy(3), runkit_method_redefine(3), runkit_method_remove(3), runkit_method_rename(3), runkit_function_add(3). PHP Documentation Group RUNKIT_METHOD_ADD(3)