Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10. fcinfo hba-port shows adapter not Found Post 302243938 by Y4Net on Monday 6th of October 2008 09:35:42 PM
Old 10-06-2008
Thanks for replying. I am aware that I can use /usr/sbin/prtconf -vp |grep 'Qlogic'; modinfo, prtdiag, etc.. to extract information of HBA. I am also aware that fcinfo should work in Solaris 10. But my question is why the result yields "No adapter found" while I other commands will tell me that I have HBA cards installed. Did I fail to install some package? patches? Thanks. Y4Net

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sunblade shows 2 MAC address on same port

Please, can someone tell me why my SunBlade would be showing 2 different but similar MAC addresses on the same port on the Switch? The switch shows all other Workstations with 1 MAC on each port, but the SunBlade is showing 2. Thanks in advance for any insight.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GoneCrazy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

isa serial port adapter card no longer detectedworking

hi all, i've got an old PC with unix (SCO System V/386 rel. 3.2) on it. Pentium I; 128mb; ISA 2-port RS232 serial adapter card for an oki dot-matrix printer. (no usb, no CD) i've been running an old cobol program to do some invoicing and print reports. some time back i changed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankpky
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

4GB Dual Port HBA

I have one 4GB, dual port HBA. Is each port rated for 4GB, or is it the whole HBA rated for 4GB? Also, how do I determine which is port0 / port1 with "lscfg -vl fcs0" command. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris9 - qlogic HBAs - luxadm reports "Found path to 0 HBA ports"

Hi All, I'm actually trying to configure a Qlogic HBA on a solaris9 connecting in a Brocade SAN. I installed Solaris9 and now trying to look at FC devices.. bash-2.05# luxadm -e port Found path to 0 HBA ports bash-2.05# luxadm probe No Network Array enclosures found in /dev/es... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
7 Replies

5. AIX

20EE0008 : No adapters found Adapter, Riser, System Bd.

Hello, When I try to upgrade AIX from 5.1 to 5.3 I get this error message 20EE0008 : No adapters found Adapter, Riser, System Bd. Anyone know anything about it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command

Hi Gurus I need to know few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command I have a server where there are 4 HBA ports cards are their. Out of 4 ports 2 are in use & 2 are not in use when I check it physicall. Now I want to know the command through which I can get information about all above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
6 Replies

7. Solaris

luxadm -e port shows one port not connected

hi i have a sun machine which has one hba 2ports; out of which one port says it is not connected # luxadm -e port /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1,1/fp@0,0:devctl NOT CONNECTED but both... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwesh
9 Replies

8. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

9. AIX

NPIV with 8Gb PCI Express Dual Port FC Adapter

All I am at a loss with a VIO server running ios 2.2.0.10-FP-24 SP-01. The VIO server is fitted with two 8Gb PCI Express Dual Port FC Adapters. However when I run the lsnports command only two of the adapter ports show as capable: $ lsnports name physloc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)		      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions			  HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_OpenAdapter, HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN, HBA_CloseAdapter - open and close a specific adapter SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_OpenAdapter(char *adaptername); HBA_STATUS HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN(HBA_HANDLE *handle, HBA_WWN wwn); void HBA_CloseAdapter(HBA_HANDLE handle); PARAMETERS
adaptername the name of the adapter to open, as returned by HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI) handle HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() a pointer to an HBA_HANDLE HBA_CloseAdapter() the open handle of the adapter to close, as returned by HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) wwn the WWN to match the Node WWN or Port WWN of the HBA to open DESCRIPTION
The HBA_OpenAdapter() function opens the adapter specified by adaptername and returns a handle used for subsequent operations on the HBA. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function opens a handle to the HBA whose Node or Port WWN matches the wwn argument. The HBA_CloseAdapter() function closes the open handle. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, HBA_OpenAdapter() returns a valid HBA_HANDLE with a numeric value greater than 0. Otherwise, 0 is returned. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function returns the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK The handle argument contains a valid HBA handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN The wwn argument is not a valid port WWN on the specified HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_AMBIGUOUS_WWN The WWN is matched to multiple adapters. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred while opening the adapter. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Open an adapter. The following example opens the specified adapter. handle = HBA_OpenAdapter(adaptername); if (handle == 0) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to open HBA %d with name " ""%s". ", hbaCount, adaptername); continue; } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API version 1) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 (API ver- | | |sion 2) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI), HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2003 HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)