Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10. fcinfo hba-port shows adapter not Found Post 302243938 by Y4Net on Monday 6th of October 2008 09:35:42 PM
Old 10-06-2008
Thanks for replying. I am aware that I can use /usr/sbin/prtconf -vp |grep 'Qlogic'; modinfo, prtdiag, etc.. to extract information of HBA. I am also aware that fcinfo should work in Solaris 10. But my question is why the result yields "No adapter found" while I other commands will tell me that I have HBA cards installed. Did I fail to install some package? patches? Thanks. Y4Net

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sunblade shows 2 MAC address on same port

Please, can someone tell me why my SunBlade would be showing 2 different but similar MAC addresses on the same port on the Switch? The switch shows all other Workstations with 1 MAC on each port, but the SunBlade is showing 2. Thanks in advance for any insight.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GoneCrazy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

isa serial port adapter card no longer detectedworking

hi all, i've got an old PC with unix (SCO System V/386 rel. 3.2) on it. Pentium I; 128mb; ISA 2-port RS232 serial adapter card for an oki dot-matrix printer. (no usb, no CD) i've been running an old cobol program to do some invoicing and print reports. some time back i changed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankpky
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

4GB Dual Port HBA

I have one 4GB, dual port HBA. Is each port rated for 4GB, or is it the whole HBA rated for 4GB? Also, how do I determine which is port0 / port1 with "lscfg -vl fcs0" command. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris9 - qlogic HBAs - luxadm reports "Found path to 0 HBA ports"

Hi All, I'm actually trying to configure a Qlogic HBA on a solaris9 connecting in a Brocade SAN. I installed Solaris9 and now trying to look at FC devices.. bash-2.05# luxadm -e port Found path to 0 HBA ports bash-2.05# luxadm probe No Network Array enclosures found in /dev/es... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
7 Replies

5. AIX

20EE0008 : No adapters found Adapter, Riser, System Bd.

Hello, When I try to upgrade AIX from 5.1 to 5.3 I get this error message 20EE0008 : No adapters found Adapter, Riser, System Bd. Anyone know anything about it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command

Hi Gurus I need to know few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command I have a server where there are 4 HBA ports cards are their. Out of 4 ports 2 are in use & 2 are not in use when I check it physicall. Now I want to know the command through which I can get information about all above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
6 Replies

7. Solaris

luxadm -e port shows one port not connected

hi i have a sun machine which has one hba 2ports; out of which one port says it is not connected # luxadm -e port /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1,1/fp@0,0:devctl NOT CONNECTED but both... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwesh
9 Replies

8. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

9. AIX

NPIV with 8Gb PCI Express Dual Port FC Adapter

All I am at a loss with a VIO server running ios 2.2.0.10-FP-24 SP-01. The VIO server is fitted with two 8Gb PCI Express Dual Port FC Adapters. However when I run the lsnports command only two of the adapter ports show as capable: $ lsnports name physloc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
prtdiag(1M)															       prtdiag(1M)

NAME
prtdiag - display system diagnostic information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtdiag [-v] [-l] prtdiag displays system configuration and diagnostic information on sun4u and sun4v systems. The diagnostic information lists any failed field replaceable units (FRUs) in the system. The interface, output, and location in the directory hierarchy for prtdiag are uncommitted and subject to change in future releases. prtdiag does not display diagnostic information and environmental status when executed on the Sun Enterprise 10000 server. See the /var/opt/SUNWssp/adm/${SUNW_HOSTNAME}/messages file on the system service processor (SSP) to obtain such information for this server. The following options are supported: -l Log output. If failures or errors exist in the system, output this information to syslogd(1M) only. -v Verbose mode. Displays the time of the most recent AC Power failure, and the most recent hardware fatal error information, and (if applicable) environmental status. The hardware fatal error information is useful to repair and manufacturing for detailed diagnos- tics of FRUs. The following exit values are returned: 0 No failures or errors are detected in the system. 1 Failures or errors are detected in the system. 2 An internal prtdiag error occurred, for example, out of memory. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkvm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ *The output is unstable. modinfo(1M), prtconf(1M), psrinfo(1M), sysdef(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), openprom(7D) NOTES
Not all diagnostic and system information is available on every Solaris platforn, and therefore cannot be displayed by prtdiag. On those platforms, further information can be obtained from the System Controller. 29 Aug 2005 prtdiag(1M)