Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hello and I need help like in yesterday Post 302243835 by vidyadhar85 on Monday 6th of October 2008 04:13:41 PM
Old 10-06-2008
ok i can understand your problem.the only you learn unix is by trying it yourself.at the beginning your friend is "man" command so you want to copy then type man cp study it try out examples and don't miss to see the man pages of related info bar at the end of each man page.
i this to copy complete directory structure you can use "cp" or "cpio" command study man pages try it
if you can't get back here
regrads,
vidyadhar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yesterday's date

Does anyone know of an easy way to use the date function to get yesterday's date in this format: Nov 21 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get yesterday's date?

Hello, using date, we can easily get today's date $ date +%y-%m-%d 06-12-08 is it possible for me to get yesterday's date using 'date', if not, is there any quick and easy way to do that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday

How to get the date before the current date on unix tru64? Today is 2008-02-27. I'll need 2008-02-26. Thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yesterday in i.e. May 09 and 05/09 format

I am not using GNU nor BSD. On AIX, how do you return yesterday in the format of i.e. "May 09" with a space. # `TZ=y380 date +%h""%d` >> May09 # `TZ=y380 date +%h" "%d` >> May I appreciate your help in advance. thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday's date

I was playing to find a simple way to get yesterday's date, and came up with this (on an AIX 5.2 box): $ date Thu Feb 19 11:21:26 EST 2009 $ echo $TZ EST5EDT $ yesterday=`TZ=$(date +%Z)+24 date` $ echo $yesterday Wed Feb 18 16:21:52 GMT 2009 Why it is converted to GMT instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gratus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting yesterday `date`

Hi, `date` command will give the current days date. Is there any command to get the previous day date? I need the previous day value in my script. Ahamed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahamed
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday's date

curdate=$(date +"%d-%b-%y") How to get the yesterday's date. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday date

HI All, I am trying so long to find the yesterday's date to run a script but i failed kinldy share the command to find yesterday's date in ksh i tried with date --date='1 day ago' but it displaying error your help will highly apeerciated. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get yesterday date

Hi Friend, i am using OS HP-UX vvftf320 B.11.11 U 9000/800 511076331 unlimited-user license now i have used below command but it giving today's date. i need your help to get yesterdate. Please correct me. date +"%d%m%Y%H%M%S" -d "1 days ago Thanks in advance, Jewel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Yesterday

hi guys i want to know how can i insert in a variable yesterday for example : today=`date +%Y%m%d` yesterday =??? thanks a lot Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)