Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux how I can find size of incoming or outgoing data Post 302243667 by broli on Monday 6th of October 2008 08:57:42 AM
Old 10-06-2008
check if you have bwm, or bwm-ng
its a BandWidth monitor Smilie
Volker Gropp - currently (more or less) active projects

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading incoming data in serial ports

Hi every body, i have the following problem : I need to read incoming data from a serial port, this port has connected a weigth device to it that send the weigth and i need to read this data to my aplication, i had this problem in Window Enviroment and i resolve with a "C" routine, but in Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jricardorm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listening on port for incoming data?

I am not what I would call an experienced programmer. I know some ksh etc.. I need to be able to listening on a port for incoming data on a ultra 10 using solaris 9. Basically all that I need to do at the moment is to log the incoming data on a specific port number. Any ideas on how I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating data of size

Hello, I need to create 100kb,1000kb,10000kb etc files of no particular substance but I need them a exact size. I think they are .dat's I need but im unsure of the command I issue to create them Any help appreciated :) Mr Pink (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find number of incoming requests to a server

How to find the number of incoming requests to a http server and the maximum requests it can serve? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laddu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find size of data trasnfered between 2 servers ?

Hi, I have setup 2 Sun Solaris server at my home. I put them in network.. Network is ok. How can I find that how much data is transfered between these 2 servers and on specific port ? Thanks NeeleshG (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
7 Replies

6. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

so there is no way to know the size occupied by data ?

I want to find out how many disk blocks are used by only data (and not metadata) by a file. But as far as I can tell, if the file has holes, then there is no way to know this. You can find out the logical size of the file (physical size + hole blocks). You can get the physical size of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with file size and show the size

Hi All... is the below command be modified in sucha way that i can get the file size along with the name and path of the file the below command only gives me the file location which are more than 100000k...but I want the exact size of the file also.. find / -name "*.*" -size +100000k ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Question - How to find outgoing traffic on UDP ports

Hello All, I am trying find a command that would show me the stats of outgoing traffic on UPD ports on a Solaris 10 box. I would appreciate if anybody could help me out on this. Thank you much!!! Best Regards Sudharma. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Using netstats (differentiate incoming vs outgoing traffic)

Hi all, Sorry for the gullible question, are we able to different incoming / outgoing traffic using netstats ? It seems like the local traffic is always on the left, and the remote is beside it. but it doesn't state the traffic direction. or is it that if I have - a LISTEN entry (e.g.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)