Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl script doubt?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script doubt? Post 302243626 by bakunin on Monday 6th of October 2008 07:32:51 AM
Old 10-06-2008
I have closed the poll. I see no purpose it serves.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl doubt plz explain....

hi all i wrote a shell script which uses perl script my code is : >cat filename | while read i >do >perl -e 'require "/home/scripts/abc.pl" ; abc("$i")' >done perl script used will simply check syntax of Cobol programs but it didn't work for me so i asked my colleague he suggested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script doubt

Hi, While reading a shell script ,i have come accross the following statements. script_name_full=$0 ***script_name=${script_name_full##*\} ***script_name_noexst=${script_name%%\.ksh} host_name=`hostname` ***host_name_short=${host_name%%\.*} can anybody tell me what is the purpose of marked... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i have a doubt with the awk script??

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum, i have doubt with a awk script. I want to generate a list where i can busiest hour from a list of a data. 05/19/2008 14:27:19 - avg: 0 max: 0 min: 0 samples: 0 total: 0 05/19/2008 14:28:19 - avg: 0 max: 0 min: 0 samples: 0 total: 0 05/19/2008 14:29:19 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
2 Replies

4. Solaris

doubt regarding making a script

Hi, I want to execute around fifty commands on a server. I want to make it using a single command by placing the commands in a script. How to do this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt in /etc/inittab script

Hi.. When i was just looking throught /etc/inittab file.. i had stuck with some problems that i dont known in shell scripts Here how the lablel like si ca lo l1 etc works.. do scripts proivide any label features.. please help... thanks in advance esham (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh script doubt

Hi, I need to execute output one command in csh. Eg: #!/bin/csh set smal = "set count = 1" grep "Tot" in_file | sed "s/Tot/$smal/g" In the above script, i have set the smal variale as "set count = 1". My desired output like: $echo count should show as 1. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl map doubt

Hello , Please can someone tell me what exactly happens when the below filehandler is chomped into an array and later mapped. $lcpLog="logcopy\@".getTimestamp."\log"; open CFg ,"< $lcpcfg"; chomp(@cfg = <CFG>); close CFG; @cfg=grep { $_ ne ' ' } map { lc + (split /\s*\/\//) }... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in Perl Variable declaration

Anyone please say what is the difference between $var and ${var} in perl Sometimes $var used and sometimes ${var} used in same program. Thanks in Advance, Prabhu ---------- Post updated at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:59 AM ---------- Any one please clarify (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prsampath
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trivial perl doubt about FILE

Hi, In the following perl code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w if (open(FILE, "< in_file")) { while (<FILE>) { chomp($_); if ($_ =~ /patt$/) { my $f = (split(" ", $_)); print "$f\n"; } } close FILE; } Why changing the "FILE" as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl doubt

Hi, Please help me to understand the following code: perl -lne 'print if "$_ " =~ /(5 (?:\d+ ){5})\1/' What the regular expression "?:" does? Also, whether the expression "\1" is the same as in sed (i.e) printing the elements inside pair of parentheses? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)