Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Protect shell script source code Post 302243615 by era on Monday 6th of October 2008 07:17:38 AM
Old 10-06-2008
There's a tool called shc but it's by no means perfect.

http://www.datsi.fi.upm.es/~frosal/sources/

Last edited by era; 10-06-2008 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: Add link

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

source code for a shell

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs in unix i need a very short and simple one, just the compiling part Respect (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tidy shell script source file

Hi all, Is there a tool to tidy up shell script source file and reformat it. Preferably I am looking for a perfect tool to do this. Also I have heard it is possible to do with emacs editor but unfortunately it is looking very different and new from vi. Emacs is new to me and I could not find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meharo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source Env file in the Shell Script

Hi I am having a script which sets the application environment. In this script i am sourcing the applications env file, when i am debugging the script i see its executing all the environment values and all the variable values are set properply. Once this main shell script executes, then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umakanthly
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer the files from source to target server.

I need to write a shell script to transfer the files every hour from source - target server. The cron job should be running every hour and shouldn't copy already copied files to the remote server ? I was able to write intial script but not able to get the logic for (in the next run it should... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhirk
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Script in K Shell using Source

Hi While running a Shell Script in a K Shell using the source command source <script_name> It gives the error .. source: not found. Null message body; hope that's ok Is it that the source command does not work in K Shell. It works well in bash shell. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harneet2004us
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to display function names (called & defined) in a C++ Source Code

Hello to all, I am looking for a way to display only the names of function (calls & definition) of a C++ source code.There is already a post related to this, but the script is to find the functions using a specific variable, and the replies are not that convincing since they cannot be used for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Standardization of input source data files using shell script

Hi there, I'm a newbie in unix and am fishing for options related to how raw input data files are handled. The scenario, as I'm sure y'all must be very familiar with, is this : we receive upwards of 50 data files in ASCII format from various source systems - now each file has its own structure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat Khos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Comment code blocks in a bash source file

Just began to learn on Shell Script. I got an exercise from my friend. I know how to make this happen in C, but I'm not familiar with Shell Script. Hope I can get some help from all of you. I want to write a bash script to comment code blocks in a bash source file. What I mean comment is '#', I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiFuture0801
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)