Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to suppress minor C compiler warnings Post 302243592 by speedos82 on Monday 6th of October 2008 05:29:56 AM
Old 10-06-2008
I understand that these warnings are appearing as a result of errors in the code, but what I can't understand is why these warnings appear only on this version of solaris with this version of the c compiler. There are far too many files involved to go through each and correct these. I want a setting to suppress these minor warnings.

If I compile the exact same sourcecode on SunOS 5.8 using Sun WorkShop 6 update 1 C++ 5.2, or on Windows XP using Microsoft 32-bit C/C++ Standard Compiler Version 12.00.8168, I don't get any warnings.

Can you explain why this is?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CC 5.5 compiler flag to issue 64bit porting warnings on sparc-solaris

Hi, We are porting our application from 32bit to 64bit. We tried -xarch=v9, -xarc=v9a and -xport64=full options so that compiler to issue 64bit porting warnings. But we are not getting any porting warninings WE are using CC 5.5 compiler on sparc-solaris m/c. Please tell us some powerful... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhah
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress awk warnings

Hello everyone, Sorry if this is a bit of an RTM thing, but I can't find any flags for suppressing warnings with awk and Googling (this site too) didn't yield much useful. Does anyone know how to suppress warnings? The warning I'm specifically trying to remove is one warning me that I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdelok
1 Replies

3. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Not getting warnings!!

I have tried to compile the code on solaris which is bash-3.00$ uname -a SunOS zen 5.7 Generic_106541-37 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80 bash-3.00$ CC -V CC: WorkShop Compilers 5.0 98/12/15 C++ 5.0 when I compile just a simple program, int main() { long kk = 200; int jj = kk; return... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing colors for compiler errors/warnings

Hi, I am using GNU unix. And running a bash shell. Can anyone please tell me what is the command for changing the color of the compiler error/warning messages on the console. I think it is in .bashrc and do not know how. Thanks Pink (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pink01
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing colors for compiler errors/warnings

Hi, I am using GNU unix. And running a bash shell. Can anyone please tell me what is the command for changing the color of the compiler error/warning messages on the console. I think it is in .bashrc and do not know how. Thanks Pink (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pink01
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Minor Calculation Error

Hello everyone!! I got a slight problem doing some calculation from the text file. I able to get the specific data by cutting it using grep and cut. The amount can be calculated but the problem I faced now is even the field which I didnt cut is been calculated too. This is what I meant. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aLHaNz
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Minor changes to script

isNumeric() { numericExpression='^+$' if ! ] then echo 1; else echo 0; fi } getColumnData() { echo `echo $1|cut -d "," -f1,2 --output-delimiter " "` } containsSegment() { if ] || ] || ] ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramyags
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)