Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making file with values from different files Post 302243576 by er_aparna on Monday 6th of October 2008 04:06:05 AM
Old 10-06-2008
Thanks a lot Era

HI Era,

Thanks a lot it Worked for me Smilie

MANY MANY THKS TO U

Tc- Aparna

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching data files for another file of values

I've used awk for some simple scripting, but having trouble figuring out how to search a couple of data files that have Name/Address/Zip Codes from another file that has list of only Zip Codes, and write out the lines that matched. Zip code field in the data file is 27 I was thinking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matkins99
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join two files values duplciating first file

Hi all, I am tryin to join two files, duplicating the alues from the first one as many times as the second. File one : 11 211 File two: a b c Result: 11 211 a 11 211 b 11 211 c Any advise will be apreciate. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valigula
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parse text file values and send those files as an attachment

We have these files in say \home\abcd\dm Summary.txt log_SI-100.lst log_SI-101.lst log_SI-106.lst The contents of Summary.txt is as below ./log_SI-100.lst:Error detected, rollbacking ./log_SI-101.lst:Error detected, rollbacking ./log_SI-106.lst:Error detected, rollbacking Now i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting together all values from different files in one file

Hi All, This is what I am trying to achieve but to no avail. I have three sets of files which are: 1. One big dictionary file which looks like this: apple orange computer pear country 2. Some thousands of text files which are named as 1.dat, 2.dat, 3.dat etc The text files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat Values from Several files if it meets criteria for column values

I have results from some statistical analyses. The format of the results are as given below: I want to select lines that have a p-value (last column) less than 0.05 from all the results files (*.results) and cat to a new results file. It would be very nice if a new column is added that tells... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add values of two files and result in third file

Hi, I am new to shellscripting, I have two files as below File1: Abcdefg110111xyza000000600000000024.020000060000000000024.020000004660000000003.41000000000010000000100.000000000123 File 2:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendrabujji
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace two values in a file with input from two different files

Hi, I was having the following issue cat input hello1, my name is unix.com. I am awesome. Hope you know this, hello2! cat hello1.txt Hi Friends Hi Folks Hi Well-Wishers cat hello2.txt Honey Sweety Darling Required Output (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
8 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)