Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk Gsub Query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk Gsub Query Post 302243567 by crosairs on Monday 6th of October 2008 03:45:39 AM
Old 10-06-2008
The gsub function is the part I couldnt understand,

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

use var in gsub of awk

Hi all, This problem has cost me half a day, and i still do not know how to do. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks advance. I want to use a variable as the first parameters of gsub function of awk. Example: { ... arri]=gsub(i,tolower(i),$1) (which should be ambraced by //) ... } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with AWK and gsub

Hello, I have a variable that displays the following results from a JVM.... 1602100K->1578435K I would like to collect the value of 1578435 which is the value after a garbage collection. I've tried the following command but it looks like I can't get the > to work. Any suggestions as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npolite
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub

Hi all I want to do a simple substitution in awk but I am getting unexpected output. My function accepts a time and then prints out a validation message if the time is valid. However some times may include a : and i want to strip this out if it exists before i get to the validation. I have shown... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk gsub error.

I want to replace comma with space and "*646#" with space. I am using the following code: nawk -F"|" '{gsub(","," ",$3); gsub(/\*646\#/"," ",$3);print}' OFS="|" file I am getting following error: Help is appreciated (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk and gsub using C shell

Being new to awk, I am still running into little stupid things. For this issues I am trying to search for all occurrences of a string in a file and replace all of those occurrences with a replacement string. I tried doing awk '{gsub("|750101|", "|000000|", $0)}' infile > outfile Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub with variables?

Hey, I would like to replace a string by a new one. Teh problem is that both strings should be variables to be flexible, because I am having a lot of files (with the same structure, but in different folders) for i in daysim_* do cd $i/5/ folder=`pwd |awk '{print $1}'` awk '{ if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk; gsub in fields 3 and 4

I want to transform a log file into input for a database. Here's the log file: Tue Aug 4 20:17:01 PDT 2009 Wireless users: 339 Daily Average: 48.4285 = Tue Aug 11 20:17:01 PDT 2009 Wireless users: 295 Daily Average: 42.1428 = Tue Aug 18 20:17:01 PDT 2009 Wireless users: 294 Daily... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub

Hi, I want to print the first column with original value and without any double quotes The output should look like <original column>|<column without quotes> $ cat a.txt "20121023","19301229712","100397" "20121023","19361629712","100778" "20121030A","19361630412","100838"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk gsub with variables

Hello, I'm trying to substitute a string with leading zero for all the records except the trailer record using awk command and with variables. The input file test_med1.txt has data like below 1234ABC...........................9200............LF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: somu_june
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gsub function in awk

Hello, I had some difficulty to understand the gsub function and maybe the regex in this script to remove all the punctuations: awk 'gsub(//, " ", $0)' text.txtFile text.txt: This is a test for gsub I typed this random text file which contains punctuation like ,.;!'"?/\ etc. The script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)						      OpenSSL							 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(const SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)