Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making file with values from different files Post 302243564 by era on Monday 6th of October 2008 03:39:21 AM
Old 10-06-2008
Oops, sorry, the last one after done should be <&4

My bad )-:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching data files for another file of values

I've used awk for some simple scripting, but having trouble figuring out how to search a couple of data files that have Name/Address/Zip Codes from another file that has list of only Zip Codes, and write out the lines that matched. Zip code field in the data file is 27 I was thinking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matkins99
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join two files values duplciating first file

Hi all, I am tryin to join two files, duplicating the alues from the first one as many times as the second. File one : 11 211 File two: a b c Result: 11 211 a 11 211 b 11 211 c Any advise will be apreciate. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valigula
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parse text file values and send those files as an attachment

We have these files in say \home\abcd\dm Summary.txt log_SI-100.lst log_SI-101.lst log_SI-106.lst The contents of Summary.txt is as below ./log_SI-100.lst:Error detected, rollbacking ./log_SI-101.lst:Error detected, rollbacking ./log_SI-106.lst:Error detected, rollbacking Now i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting together all values from different files in one file

Hi All, This is what I am trying to achieve but to no avail. I have three sets of files which are: 1. One big dictionary file which looks like this: apple orange computer pear country 2. Some thousands of text files which are named as 1.dat, 2.dat, 3.dat etc The text files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat Values from Several files if it meets criteria for column values

I have results from some statistical analyses. The format of the results are as given below: I want to select lines that have a p-value (last column) less than 0.05 from all the results files (*.results) and cat to a new results file. It would be very nice if a new column is added that tells... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add values of two files and result in third file

Hi, I am new to shellscripting, I have two files as below File1: Abcdefg110111xyza000000600000000024.020000060000000000024.020000004660000000003.41000000000010000000100.000000000123 File 2:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendrabujji
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace two values in a file with input from two different files

Hi, I was having the following issue cat input hello1, my name is unix.com. I am awesome. Hope you know this, hello2! cat hello1.txt Hi Friends Hi Folks Hi Well-Wishers cat hello2.txt Honey Sweety Darling Required Output (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
8 Replies
rc.config(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      rc.config(4)

NAME
rc.config, rc.config.d - files containing system configuration information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system configuration used at startup is contained in files within the directory The file sources all of the files within and and exports their contents to the environment. /etc/rc.config The file is a script that sources all of the scripts, and also sources To read the configuration definitions, only this file need be sourced. This file is sourced by whenever it is run, such as when the command is run to transition between run states. Each file that exists in is sourced, without regard to which startup scripts are to be executed. /etc/rc.config.d The configuration information is structured as a directory of files, rather than as a single file containing the same information. This allows developers to create and manage their own configuration files here, without the complications of shared ownership and access of a common file. /etc/rc.config.d/* Files This is where files containing configuration variable assignments are located. Configuration scripts must be written to be read by the POSIX shell, and not the Bourne shell, or In some cases, these files must also be read and possibly modified by control scripts or the sam program. See sd(4) and sam(1M). For this reason, each variable definition must appear on a separate line, with the syntax: No trailing comments may appear on a variable definition line. Comment statements must be on separate lines, with the comment character in column one. This example shows the required syntax for configuration files: Configuration variables may be declared as array parameters when describing multiple instances of the variable configuration. For example, a system may contain two network interfaces, each having a unique IP address and subnet mask (see ifconfig(1M)). An example of such a dec- laration is as follows: Note that there must be no requirements on the order of the files sourced. This means configuration files must not refer to variables defined in other configuration files, since there is no guarantee that the variable being referenced is currently defined. There is no protection against environment variable namespace collision in these configuration files. Programmers must take care to avoid such prob- lems. /etc/TIMEZONE The file contains the definition of the environment variable. This file is required by POSIX. It is sourced by at the same time the files are sourced. SEE ALSO
rc(1M). rc.config(4)