Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Install fileset rsct.basic.rte Post 302243470 by bakunin on Sunday 5th of October 2008 05:43:55 PM
Old 10-05-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefeitosa
In CD the version is rsct.basic.rte.2.3.1.0 and the pre-requisists is rsct.basic.rte.2.3.0.0. In others words I don't have this version in my CD and I'm finding in the FIx Central from IBM.
A version "x.y.0.0" is a so-called "base-level" fileset. You need to have this installed to install any updates to it (the versions x.y.1.0, x.y.2.0, etc.). Base-level filesets are never offered at Fixdist Central, because you could download the complete OS from there then. At Fixdist only update filesets are offered, which you could install if you have the base-level fileset available.

Probably you have not a real installation CD, but some update CD. This would explain that you have only the update of rsct.basic, but not the base-level fileset.

Search the other CDs you have, maybe the fileset will be there (it might be named "rsct.basic.rte.2.3.0.0.I", the "I" meaning initial). If you cant find the original CD set ask your IBM representative, s/he should be able to provide such a CD on relatively short notice or should be able to organize the fileset (if you really need only this one) being sent to you by mail.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX5.2 ML-03 rpm.rte

Dear All, Kindly note that i am in site and i have to upgrade an application on the server AIX 5.2 ML-03 , but i need to install the following patch first which is important : patch 'rpm.rte' must be installed with level '3.0.5.35' i need it urgent . please note that i could not find it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

2. AIX

Perl.rte needed..

Hello I was installing ssh in Aix 4.3 but found that "perl.rte and rpm.rte" was not installed. but to my bad luck i was not able to find these packages for Aix 4.3. Ibm site just has these packages only for 5L. Can anyone help me in finding these packages. Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo install on HP UX 11i(basic question)

Hello folks, had a question. I was trying to install sudotool on HP -UX 11i. I downloaded gzip file from sudo site and unzipped to /tmp folder on HP box how do i install it?? do i need to run "swinstall" menu and then choose from there? THanks! karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

4. AIX

About bos.rte v=4,r<2

I have check the fileset with in AIX 4.2 and I have found this error after I type in lppchk -v. Can anyone help me out with this problem ? I am new here. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fla22
1 Replies

5. AIX

bos.rte.5.2.0.10 - Failure to Install (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsf bad permissions)

I have a RS/6000 B80 which just had a disk failure; I've added a new drive and am in the process of rebuilding. I have reinstalled AIX 5.2 and am now looking to begin updating. (fyi this will be the second time I have attempted to rebuild this machine, the first time i installed ML 5200-10 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wesiman
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas Storage Foundation basic and Core cluster solaris 10 release 7 install

After much hitting my head to the wall with this meesages root@crasher /workzone/dvd4_sfb-sol_x64]#./installer -verbose -installonly 5.0MP3 Installation Program Copyright (c) 2008 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristezo2k
1 Replies

7. AIX

fileset for aix

Hello I was looking for this fileset "devices.fcp.changer" I looking on the cd media but I cant findt it. The version of Aix is 6.1 All this is because Im trying to connect a disk from Hitachi, everything its look to be fine. but when Im type cfgmgr I got this message. cfgmgr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

8. AIX

Downgrade bos.rte.install ?

Hello, Running AIX 6.1 TL2 SP4. bos.rte.install was upgraded to 6.1.4.1 by accident(commited). I'm trying to downgrade it. On my install DVD I found bos.rte.install_6.1.2.1.bff. So I'm trying to downgrade: # installp -acF -d/soft1 bos.rte.install 6.1.2.1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

9. AIX

System monitoring with RMC/RSCT

Hi all, is any of you using RMC for monitoring your LPARs? Is it viable? I know the IBM Magazine article and the Redbooks about it but I would like to hear from first hand. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
7 Replies

10. AIX

Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node

Dear all i have two aix system -Model : P770 -OS version: AIX 6.1 -patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 -ha version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 -host : A, B last Wednesday, my B system suddenly went down with crash dump. after 1 minute, A system went down with crash dump. I checked the dump of A-system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
6 Replies
chfsets(8)						      System Manager's Manual							chfsets(8)

NAME
chfsets - Changes limits for fileset quotas SYNOPSIS
/sbin/chfsets [-F limit] [-f limit] [-B limit] [-b limit] domain [fileset...] OPTIONS
Specifies the file usage soft limit (quota) of the fileset. Specifies the file usage hard limit (quota) of the fileset. Specifies the block usage soft limit (quota) in 1K blocks of the fileset. Specifies the block usage hard limit (quota) in 1K blocks of the fileset. OPERANDS
Specifies the name of the file domain. Specifies the name of one or more filesets. DESCRIPTION
The chfsets command enables you to change fileset quotas (file usage limits and block usage limits) of any AdvFS fileset. Filesets can have both soft and hard disk storage and file limits. When a hard limit is reached, no more disk space allocations or file creations which would exceed the limit are allowed. The soft limit may be exceeded for a period of time (called the grace period). The grace periods for the soft limits are set with the edquota command. The command also displays the changes made to the file and block usage limits. Note that the root user can exceed fileset quotas. The chfsets command displays the following fileset information: Id A unique number (in hexadecimal format) that identifies a file domain and fileset. File H limit The file usage hard limit of the specified fileset before the change followed by the new limit. Block H limit The block usage hard limit of the specified fileset before the change followed by the new limit. File S limit The file usage soft limit of the specified fileset before the change followed by the new limit. Block S limit The block usage soft limit of the specified fileset before the change followed by the new limit. Use the following commands to manipulate filesets: Displays the limits and actual number of blocks used by a fileset. Displays space usage for the specified domain. Displays the file and block usage limits for the filesets in a domain. Changes the user or group block and file limits and grace period. Turns on and off quota enforcement. For more information, see the reference pages for each command. RESTRICTIONS
At least one fileset within the domain must be mounted for the chfsets command to succeed. You must be the root user to run the chfsets command. EXAMPLES
The following example changes the file hard limit from 11 to 200 and block hard limit from 121 to 1000 for the credit_fs fileset in the account_dmn domain: # chfsets -b 1000 -f 200 account_dmn credit_fs credit_fs Id : 2c2f557f.000b15f4.3.8004 File H limit : 11 --> 200 Block H limit : 121 --> 1000 EXIT STATUS
The utility returns a 0 (zero) on success and a 1 (one) on failure. SEE ALSO
Commands: df(1), edquota(8), quotaon(8), quotaoff(8), showfdmn(8), showfsets(8) chfsets(8)