Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need help asap!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help asap! Post 302243343 by reecygee on Sunday 5th of October 2008 01:25:14 AM
Old 10-05-2008
all i need is this one line? or did i do something wrong to start off with?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need rm script help ASAP

I need your expertise anyone. I'm trying to remove part of a id # in a script. Reason, the part of the id is a underscore that is making my life impossible. I simply cannot handle all the requests and modify every single one in vi or edt. So I wanted to modify the script.. For example ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail - need help ASAP

Hi guys ! I have 24 hours to learn about sendmail (as much as I can) ... where to start ? where to go ? thnx, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gismo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP ASAP.. pretty simple..

Hey guys.... couple questions... I am working a problem set and can't answer this: 1) Suppose you are in a directory that contains a file called "foo." You want to create a new file called "bar" that contains the sorted contents of "foo" in the parent directory of the one you're in. How... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ugakid
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Need Some (help)answers Asap

can someone explain the meaning of the following shell commands: 1. who / wc -l 2. who / sort > user_names 3. cat students > new_students 4. current_day='date / cut -cl-3' i would also appreciated if you could tell me some things about the umask 1. what is a good umask value and why? 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakis
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help asap

i have a file having content a|b|c 1|2|33 4|6|55 end a|b|d 3|4|55 end a|b|c 45|67|98 end so i want to print 3rd field of header a|b|c and footer end. e.g. o/p should be 33 55 98 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KERBEROS_V4 -help needed ASAP

#!/bin/sh HOST='ftp.bend.com' USER='temp1' PASSWD='temp2' FTPPATH='SY1:' ifile='concat.txt' #FTP concatenated file ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD binary cd $FTPPATH put $ifile get $ifile retrieval.$$ quit END_SCRIPT if then echo "FTP of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need ASAP an awk command

Input1 : "06:28:45 28.08.2010|SCHEDULE: Started program POSG1.PLK110 (#J2325) has completed successfully" or Input2 : "06:28:45 28.08.2010|SCHEDULE: Started program POSG1.PLK110 has completed successfully" Output :06:28:45 28.08.2010 08/27/10 Please give me an single awk command ASAP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanneykar
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hello - Have a big issue need help please ASAP

I have been using this simple grep command to extract fields from a file that ALPHANUMERIC field has been set to 16 grep -w 'ALPHANUMERIC *16' filename ------------------------- sample data file SAMP_RICS "SAMPLE RICS" 5694 NULL ALPHANUMERIC 60 RMTES_STRING ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
11 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

PLEASE HELP ME ASAP

can anyone help me with this??? make program ( shell script) to detect and display errors occurred in initializing a Unix system (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dementor
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Python Script asap

I work on various messages received from server and want to write a python script that can sort messages with unique flag values and give me the output in a text file. I get these messages in the form of .zcap file from server and I use an internal tool to filter: Step 1) Zcap file to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijeta Laad
1 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)