Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with iptables
Special Forums IP Networking Need help with iptables Post 302243341 by nowshining on Sunday 5th of October 2008 12:27:47 AM
Old 10-05-2008
do u get any errors?? did you try initiating multiple connections to remote servers all at once??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IPtables

Hey guys, I have just started using IP tables and was wondering if anyone could direct me to any good online resources as I am totally new to this. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 182x
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Iptables

Thanks in advance I have to remove ip_tables_name from /proc/net/... i was trying to do so and getting the following error cmd : rm ip_tables_names error : rm: remove regular empty file `ip_tables_names'? y rm: cannot remove `ip_tables_names': Operation not permitted (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeepiit
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

iptables assistance

I have a CentOS 5.2 (10.20.21.73) machine that I need help with configuring iptables. According to documentation I believe this line should allow all communication between my machine and another machine (other machine has no firewall) -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -s 10.20.21.12 -j ACCEPT #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beaker457
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Iptables

What should be the iptables rule so that only the subnet 64.61.11.224/255.255.255.248 may access the mysql port 3306 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

iptables changes

Hello We have one linux machine in the office which happens to be an important firewall. I just know the basics and need to make one change Essentially it is forward mysql traffic to another internal machine. This is the original rule (forward to 192.20.0.17) which is working ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rina5392
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with iptables

Hi, On the IPTABLES, I did iptables --flush. I want to start fresh. Now I only want two things. Allow one ip address to this server. Allow port 443 as incoming from every where. Please advice how to do this. This is what I did so for. iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -s 1.2.3.4 -j ACCEPT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with iptables

Hi, I just build a Linux server, I said yes to enable the firewall. I only choose SSH conneciton. When I check the iptables. I see all of this (see below). I want to reject every thing only allow SSH from subnet 192.168.1.xx. Can you advise, how to do. Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Help with iptables

photo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beerpong1
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

iptables help for port 80

Hi I enable the IPtables but port 80 was not working. Below is my active configuration (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
10 Replies

10. Ubuntu

iptables

Hi I need help with an iptables configuration, this is what I have server A Server B A and B are using different gateways i am sending port 22 from A to B, I see the packages coming in B but B is not sending the package to internet. please give me some examples. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmartinez073
0 Replies
avisplit(1)						      General Commands Manual						       avisplit(1)

NAME
avisplit - split AVI-files into chunks of a maximum size SYNOPSIS
avisplit [ -i file -o base [ -s size ] [ -H num ] [ -t s1-s2[,s3-s4,..] -c -m -b num -f commentfile ] ] [ -v ] COPYRIGHT
avisplit is Copyright (C) by Thomas Oestreich. DESCRIPTION
avisplit splits a single AVI-file into chunks of size size. Each of the created chunks will be an independent file, i.e. it can be played without needing any other of the chunk. OPTIONS
-i file Specify the filename of the file to split into chunks. -o base Specify the base of the output filename(s) avisplit will then split to base-%04d.avi -s size Use this option to specify the maximum size (in units of MB) of the chunks avisplit should create. 0 means dechunk, create as many files as possible. -H num Create only the first num chunks then exit. -t s1-s2[,s3-s4,..] Split the input file based on time/framecode (hh:mm:ss.ms) -c Together with -t. Merge all segments into one AVI-File again instead generating seperate files. -m Together with -t. Force split at upper bondary instead of lower border. -b num Specify if avisplit should write an VBR mp3 header into the AVI file. Default is 1 because it does not hurt. num is either 1 or 0. -f commentfile Read AVI tombstone data for header comments from commentfile. See /docs/avi_comments.txt for a sample. -v Print only version information and exit. EXAMPLES
The command avisplit -s 700 -i my_file.avi will split the file my_file.avi into chunks which's maximum size will not exceed 700 MB, i.e. they will fit onto a CD, each. The created chunks will be named my_file.avi-0000, my_file.avi-0001, etc. avisplit -i my_file.avi -c -o out.avi -t 00:10:00-00:11:00,00:13:00-00:14:00 will grab Minutes 10 to 11 and 13 to 14 from my_file.avi and merge it into out.avi BAD SYNCH
When you split a file with avisplit and the A/V sync for the first file is OK but the sync on all successive files is bad then have a look at the output of tcprobe(1) (shortend). | V: 25.000 fps, codec=dvsd, frames=250, width=720, height=576 | A: 48000 Hz, format=0x01, bits=16, channels=2, bitrate=1536 kbps, | 10 chunks, 1920000 bytes You'll see the AVI file has only 10 Audio chunks but 250 video chunks. That means one audio chunk spans several video frames. avisplit can not cut a chunk in half, it only handles complete chunks. If you do, say, avisplit -s 20, it is possible that the first file will have 6 audio chunks and the second one only 4 meaning there is too much audio in the first AVI file. The solution is to remux the AVI file with transcode -i in.avi -P1 -N 0x1 -y raw -o out.avi (of course -N 0x1 is not correct for all AVI files). Now look at tcprobe again | V: 25.000 fps, codec=dvsd, frames=250, width=720, height=576 | A: 48000 Hz, format=0x01, bits=16, channels=2, bitrate=1536 kbps, | 250 chunks, 1920000 bytes The data in this file is exactly the same (its bit-identical) as it was in in.avi; the AVI file was just written in a different way, we do now have 250 audio chunks which makes splitting much easier and more accurate for avisplit. AUTHORS
avisplit was written by Thomas Oestreich <ostreich@theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de> with contributions from many others. See AUTHORS for details. SEE ALSO
aviindex(1), avifix(1), avimerge(1), tccat(1), tcdecode(1), tcdemux(1), tcextract(1), tcprobe(1), tcscan(1), transcode(1) avisplit(1) 25th June 2003 avisplit(1)