Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need help installing 'xlc' on AIX Post 302243327 by safir29 on Saturday 4th of October 2008 07:44:55 PM
Old 10-04-2008
Bug Need help installing 'xlc' on AIX

Hello,
I'm getting "xlc: not found" error compiling code using 'make oracle' command on IBM AIX. C/C++ compiler is installed, but 'xlc' still missing. Could you please tell me which OS package contains the 'xlc' executable?

$ [ ]> make oracle
xlc -qmkshrobj -e MQStart -L/usr/mqm/lib -lmqmcs_r -L/usr2/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib32 -lclntsh -o /var/mqm/exits/jdbcora jdbcora.o
xlc: not found
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.

Regards,
safir29

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

AIX- xlc and cc

when i compile with Xlc i sometimes get the following Error: (S) Initialization between types "int" and "struct MskTtimerData*" is not allowed. when i compile with cc with the same Flags, i only get a (W) with the same message, but it compiles fine. How can i get the Xlc to 'ignore' the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
3 Replies

2. AIX

Help on Installing AIX 5.3

Please tell me how to install AIX 5.3 on P5 520 server via Console. Please mail me at sunnyanthony@gmail.com please CEO us standing.... sunny (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnyanthony
0 Replies

3. AIX

aix xlc

Hi guys, I need to compile sap libraries, installed make, automake, gcc, libstc libgcc and everything I used to install on linux when compiling when i run make, it aborts with the error msg /usr/bin/sh: xlc: not found. I see the binary xlc is missing lslpp -l | grep -i xlc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

4. AIX

Aix xlc interesting SEGV on exit

Hello all, One of the application we port to Aix from linux Segmentation faults when it exits. Here is part of backtrace of SEGV: (dbx) where splay(??, ??, ??) at free_y(??, ??) at free_common(??) at .... exit(??) at ... Application seem to perform everything expected well and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qrio.qrio
1 Replies

5. AIX

Installing jboss on aix

Hi, anybody knows how to configure and install jboss on aix. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Xlc compiler

Hi Team I have a native applicaiton built on AIX using the xLC v8 Which could be the possible impacts from a code change point of view if I'll compile with the xLC v10? Thanks Marco (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antcos
0 Replies

7. AIX

xlc question on AIX

Problem when compiling c-source with xlc it will generate some other files .lst .call. This kind of files is generated on the current directory. Question Can I influence the directory where the .lst and .call is generated. What i want is a dir stucture like this: project |---c-source... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: corley
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XLC compiler: enterprise edition VS XLC for AIX

Who can explain in a few words the difference between XLC for AIX and XLC enterprise Edition for AIX (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fvaltat1
0 Replies

9. AIX

AIX xlc compiler vs gcc

Hello, We are migrating some applications from previously running on an AIX system to a Linux RedHat system. I was tasked with recompiling some of the code. Unfortunatly I am a big novice on this. So i have the commands used to compile the code with xlc compiler in the AIX environment and i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spooksman
0 Replies

10. AIX

New to AIX need help Installing/Upgrading Samba on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I am trying to update Samba on my AIX 7.1 system as there is an issues with it, the smbd process coredumps and I have had no luck figuring it out why. My approach is to try to re-install a newer samba and I have found the latest 3.x package for samba in ppc.rpm format at perlz.org ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
6 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching, fortune - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] /usr/games/fortune DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the Unix oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. CHING(6)