Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C Reference Book
Top Forums Programming C Reference Book Post 302243326 by otheus on Saturday 4th of October 2008 07:43:01 PM
Old 10-04-2008
Then I would go with C programming in a nutshell. Here are two books I found on Amazon. Based on their TOC, these are recommended:

Amazon.com: String Processing and Text Manipulation in C: Selected Data Structures and Techniques/Book and Disk (Prentice Hall Series on Programming Tools and M): Bernice Sacks Lipkin: Books

Amazon.com: Introduction to Scientific Programming: Computational Problem Solving Using Maple and C: Joseph L. Zachary: Books

The second book covers the all-important topic of dealing with numbers inside programming languages. While this may not seem a big deal at first, it turns out that accumulation of "round-off" error can have huge implications. For instance, using single precision floating point as opposed to double precision can save 20 to 30 % processing speed, but it can also guarantee your results will be absolute mush.

Best of luck to you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix book reference

Does anyone here have a favorite? I just wanted to find a reliable book which is meaty in content and still easily understandable.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandarin14
3 Replies

2. Programming

Reference to a const

Can any one explain how the statement '2' in the following statements is a legal one. int & ref = 3; // Illegal statement - Compiler error. const int& ref=3 ; // Compile and executes properly. Thanks in Advance, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Reference Book

Hi Guys, Can any one please provide me the link where i can download good reference book for AIX. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
2 Replies

4. AIX

Required AIX Simulator \Command reference book

Sir, Iam required AIx simulator If any send the download link I required it for practice (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arif185
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl reference

Hi all, I have a reference named $test. it points to the data structure as follows 'test' => }, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk language reference: book

Gurus, I am looking for a book on Awk programming. A quick Google search gave me Amazon.com: The AWK Programming Language (9780201079814): Alfred V. Aho, Brian W. Kernighan, Peter J. Weinberger: Books by Alfred Aho. Is there anything other than that? Any advice? Thanks. Al. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Book reference

hello I am looking for book reference far Linux books that have information that is up to date. Example: Running Linux, O`Reilly, year 1995. Or Linux Administration, A beginners guide, 5`th ed, Mc Graw Hill Osbourn, year 2009. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)