Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Netgear wireless router as Access Point Post 302243314 by sitemap on Saturday 4th of October 2008 04:47:36 PM
Old 10-04-2008
MySQL

Now It's working fine.

Thank you for your advice. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

cant access certain pages through iptables fw/router

hey, i have a problem with my routing setup i cant figure out. there is a unix router using iptables, and behind that a small lan. everything works when requesting directly from the router, but the machines behind that router cant access certain webpages, ie drupal.org (waits forever to establish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonicx
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Linux Box instead of Wireless Router

Can I set up Linux on a Mobo with WiFi to serve as a Server and Wireless Router for my home? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
3 Replies

3. SuSE

setup Linux as a wireless router

Hi I've done some google searching but haven't really found anything that seems to be what I need. First I should add it's been awhile since I have run Linux but that's changing :) What I'm after doing is setting up a Linux box as a wireless router. I will be running the Suse distro if I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Wireless Acess Point Mapping

I am doing a site survey for possibly a new contract and am using kismet for analysis. The are several buildings and was wondering if there was a utility that will map out the location of access points o report and to help out with analyses. Is there anything in the open source community that can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Monitoring network traffic on wireless router

Hi all, How can I monitor packet traffic on my wireless router? Some info - my wireless router is netgear wgr614 - everyone can connect it i.e. no password required - I would like to see where they connect, how they are using the internet connection I installed wireshark and captured... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

no wireless access on my laptop in ubuntu 9.10

Hii i have installed ubuntu 9.10 and my hp laptop has a wireless (this one works just like the normal volume button touch screen if u touch it wireless works or else it doesnot ) now after installing ubuntu it glows always red and never turn blue.. i have windows 7 on other partition it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_nebula
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Wireless router with USB port/longest battery life?

I'm looking for a router that has a USB port for my 3G internet card (which is USB) so that several cell phones can connect to the router for wifi internet during a trip with no power outlets except the occasional stop where I will be able to recharge once every 8-10 hours or so. Obviously I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Emiles
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Help setting up a wireless access point

Hello, A friend of mine just purchased a DLINK 8500AP and I'm trying to help him set up wireless internet in his house. His computers are connected to one of two switches, which are both hooked up to his DSL modem. I connected the 8500AP to one of the switches. According to the instruction... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorik
3 Replies

9. Hardware

Netgear C3700 Modem Router Problem

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about how these routers work.. I bought a Netgear C3700 modem router on eBay about a month ago and couldn't get it to broadcast internet, neither wired nor wireless. When I plug it in and turn it on, all lights come on, but the internet light keeps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
2 Replies
posix_fadvise(2)						System Calls Manual						  posix_fadvise(2)

NAME
posix_fadvise(), posix_fadvise64() - file advisory information SYNOPSIS
Parameters fd The open file descriptor to which the fadvise operation applies. offset The begining of the specified range as a positive, byte offset. len The length of the specified range in bytes. advice Specifies advice to be applied to range. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to advise the system about the expected behavior of the application with respect to the data in the file associated with the open file descriptor, fd, starting at offset and continuing for len bytes. The specified range need not currently exist in the file. If len is zero, all data following offset is specified. It should be noted that the effect of all hints is cumulative for a given file object. All hints will be removed on processing the last close of the file object. The function may be used for large file access by a 32-bit application built with set to 64. The advice parameter is used to convey the hint to be applied to the data and may be one of the following values: Specifies that the application has no advice to give on its behavior with respect to the specified data. It is the default characteristic if no advice is given for an open file. Specifies that the application expects to access the specified range of data sequentially from the lower offsets to higher offsets. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified specified range of data in a random order. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified range of data in the near future. Specifies that the application will expect that it will not access the specified range of data in the near future. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified range of data once and then not reuse it thereafter. These values will be defined in RETURN VALUE
Successful completion. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the service fails, is set to one of the following values: The fd argument is not a valid file descriptor. The fd argument is associated with a pipe or FIFO. The posix_fadvise operation is not supported by the underlying file system. The value of advice or one of the other input values has been found to be invalid. A designated hint is not supported by the underlying file object. EXAMPLES
AUTHOR
was derived by HP from the IEEE POSIX 1003.1-2001 Standard. SEE ALSO
fadvise(2), fcntl(2), fadvise(5), fcntl(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
posix_fadvise(2)