Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Net-snmp issue in Solaris 8
Operating Systems Solaris Net-snmp issue in Solaris 8 Post 302243260 by Perderabo on Saturday 4th of October 2008 01:24:48 PM
Old 10-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundar63

Now I have already disabled the native Sun's snmp daemons, and using Net-snmp

edited list

/etc/rc0.d: moved_K07dmi moved_K07snmpdx
/etc/rc1.d: moved_K07dmi moved_K07snmpdx
/etc/rc2.d: moved_K07dmi moved_K07snmpdx
/etc/rc3.d: moved_K07dmi moved_K07snmpdx
/etc/rcS.d: moved_K07dmi moved_K07snmpdx
The K stands for "kill". You have disabled Sun's scripts to shutdown Sun's snmp. The S links are for startup. Try disabling them too. What is your motive for switching to a new snmp server?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

net-snmp-5.1.2 Solaris 9

All, I downloaded and installed the following net-snmp from the sourceforge.net website on a Solaris 9 server with the entire collection installed: net-snmp-5.1.2-SunOS_5.9_sun4u.tar.gz with no errors. I attempt to run snmpget and I get the following error: ld.so.1: snmpget: fatal:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

2. Solaris

net-snmp on solaris 8

hello I am running solaris 8 sparc. I installed net-snmp 5.4.1 (compiled it from tar file). When I do snmpwalk from another server, I receive a partial list of OIDs then it stops and gives 'timeout. No response...' another snmpwalk will directly timeouts. I compiled again the binaries... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Net-SNMP issues Solaris 10

I'm unable to see any traps being sent from my Solaris 10 server using Net-snmp 5.4.2 Here is my snmp conf file. Please let me know if there are any syntax issues you might notice. cat /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf ########################################################################### # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 issue on Sun Solaris

Hi, I am trying to compile the source code for Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 using the gcc compiler-3.4.6 and 3.4.3 but I am getting the follwoing error with perl enabled: /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Usolaris2 -Dsolaris2=solaris2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tisha
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

net-snmp - restarting too quickly issue

on my sol10x86 10/08 box, i needed to remove the native snmp agent (sma) for net-snmp-5.4.2.1. once net-snmp was configured and installed, i reconfigured the appropriate files of smf and attempted to restart. service was put into maintenance mode: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

net-snmp issue

When I run a script that polls a router I get the following error from net-snmp. I can not seem to find a straight answer. Could my mib files be corrupt? xxx-xxx:/etc/sma/snmp/mibs# perl /export/home/user/perl/test.pl Unlinked OID in SNMPv2-MIB: snmp ::= { mib-2 11 } Undefined identifier:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version.

Hi all, Error occurred while making the net-snmp-5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version. Environment - Solaris 5.10-x86 - Net-SNMP-5.4.4.tar.gz - Path (/etc/profile) PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATHUSR=/usr/ccs/bin: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH Error01 - summary ***... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
3 Replies
snmpdx(1M)						  System Administration Commands						snmpdx(1M)

NAME
snmpdx - Sun Solstice Enterprise Master Agent SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx [-hy] [-a filename] [-c config-dir] [-d debug-level] [-i filename] [ -m GROUP -m SPLIT] [-o filename] [-p port] [-r filename] DESCRIPTION
The Master Agent, snmpdx, is the main component of Solstice Enterprise Agent technology. It runs as a daemon process and listens to User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port 161 for SNMP requests. The Master Agent also opens another port to receive SNMP trap notifications from vari- ous subagents. These traps are forwarded to various managers, as determined by the configuration file. Upon invocation, snmpdx reads its various configuration files and takes appropriate actions by activating subagents, determining the sub- tree Object Identifier (OID) for various subagents, populating its own Management Information Bases (MIBs), and so forth. The Master Agent invokes subagents, registers subagents, sends requests to subagents, receives responses from subagents, and traps notifications from sub- agents. The Master Agent is invoked from a start-up script at boot time only if contents of the resource configuration file /etc/snmp/conf/snm- pdx.rsrc are non-trivial. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a filename Specify the full path of the access control file used by the Master Agent. The default access control file is /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.acl. -c config-dir Specify the full path of the directory containing the Master Agent configuration files. The default directory is /etc/snmp/conf. -d debug-level Debug. Levels from 0 to 4 are supported, giving various levels of debug information. The default is 0 which means no debug information is given. -h Help. Print the command line usage. -i filename Specify the full path of the enterprise-name OID map. This file contains the PID used by the Master Agent for recovery after a crash. It contains tuples of the UNIX process ID, port number, resource name, and agent name. The default file is /var/snmp/snmpdx.st. -m GROUP | -m SPLIT Specify the mode to use for forwarding of SNMP requests. GROUP Multiple variables can be included in each request from the Master Agent to the subagents. This results in, at mose, one send-request per agent. SPLIT Each variable in the incoming request results in one send-request to each subagent. The default is GROUP. -o filename Specify the full path of the file containing the tuple (enterprise-name, OID). For example, (Sun Microsystems, 1.3.1.6.1.4.32). The Master Agent uses this file as a base for look-up in the trap-filtering and forwarding process. The default file is /etc/snmp/conf/enterprises.oid. -p port Specify the port number. The default port number is 161. -r filename Specify the full path of the resource file to be used by the Master Agent. This file stores information about the subagents that the Master Agent invokes and manages. The default resource file is /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.rsrc. -y Set a recovery indicator to invoke the recovery module. The recovery process discovers which subagents in the pre- vious session are still active; those subagents not active are re-spawned by the Master Agent. FILES
/etc/snmp/conf/enterprises.oid Enterprise-name OID map /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.acl Access control file /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.rsrc Resource configuration file /var/snmp/snmpdx.st Master Agent status file /var/snmp/mib/snmpdx.mib Master Agent MIB file EXIT STATUS
The following error values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsasnm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
snmpXdmid(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Oct 2002 snmpdx(1M)