Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to use strtok twice in the same program? Post 302243222 by sathishkmrv on Saturday 4th of October 2008 06:43:56 AM
Old 10-04-2008
How to use strtok twice in the same program?

Yes. It worked!!!
But how did the insertion of
Code:
str2.insert(0, "");

solved the problem?
The manpages also suggests that it is not advisable to use.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

better way than strtok?

Hi all, Right now I'm using this but it seems to be a hack: if (prefix(arg, "mark=")) { for (markid = strtok(args,"="); markid; markid=strtok((char *)NULL, "=")) { basically the user passes "mark=ny" to the command. I want to be able to extract "ny" from that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: annie
7 Replies

2. Linux

Strtok function....

can any help me out y dis program is giving me a segmentation fault..... #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { char *str="Tanvir/home/root/hello"; const char *d ="/"; char *ret; ret=strtok(str,d); if(ret==NULL) printf("NULL NULL"); else ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
3 Replies

3. Programming

Regardign strtok() output directing to 2-D string array

Hi, I just wrote a program in C to split a comma seperated string in to group of strings using strtok() function. The code is: int main() { char *temp;//not used here but basically we extract one string after another using strtok() and assign to a string pointer defined like this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankarV
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

strtok equivalent in perl

Hi All, Is their any equivalent for strtok (in c) to use in perl script. Thanks in advance. JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

6. Programming

strtok with while loops

Why is line (null) after the first while loop run? (keyword does jump to the next word.) #include <ftw.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> char filenames = ""; int list(const char *name, const struct stat *status, int type) { if( (type == FTW_F) && strstr(name, ".txt") &&... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

7. Programming

Python program faster than C++ program.

I wrote a simple program that generates a random word 10,000,000 times. I wrote it in python, then in C++ and compared the two completion times. The python script was faster! Is that normal? Why would the python script be faster? I was under the impression that C++ was faster. What are some of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

9. Programming

strtok() gives segmentation fault!!

#include<iostream.h> #include<string> #include<stdio.h> int main() { char *cmd="delete backup backup-iso image a.iso b.iso c.iso d.iso"; char *tokenized_cmd,*sub_cmd; sub_cmd=strstr(cmd,"image"); tokenized_cmd=strtok(sub_cmd," "); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwini.engr07
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)