Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting store timestamp in a variable Post 302243216 by regnumber on Saturday 4th of October 2008 06:22:21 AM
Old 10-04-2008
Question store timestamp in a variable

I am new to Unix shell Script
echo "Run SQL select current timestamp from SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1 with ur" >>$monlog
db2 "select current timestamp from SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1 with ur" >> currenttimestamp
cat currenttimestamp

-----------------------------
2008-10-04-07.49.11.214113
1 record(s) selected

can any one help us to fix this problem.

thanks in advance.

Krishnakanth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To store the output in a variable

Hi, I am getting the following error while executing the script. Please can someone throw some light where is the problem. Many thanks. ./check: temp: not found The directory related to SEP instance 4 does not exist. The script is as follows. SEP_APP="/scp/sepx/app... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in scripting, store value in variable

Hi all, I have a script in which i need to run a command like "/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/omreport about" and output will be something like Version : 6.3.0 Copyright : Copyright (C) xxx Inc. 1995-2010 All rights reserved. Company : xxx Inc. In this i need to save the version... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut and store last value of a variable into other

Hi All, I am a newbie to unix.starting my career in unix.need 1 help from you all..pls help.. i am passing a file name "abc_delta" as argument to my script1.sh. if file name contains "_delta" at last then echo pass else fail.how to fix it. Note:file name will always contain "_delta" at... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepcarya
10 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to store the value of grep in a variable

Hi , I was trying to store the value of a grep command to store in a variable so i can use it somewhere else in my script but i am getting error, i am using bash shell in linux: var= `grep -n "$DATE" testfile.log | head -n 1 | sed -n 's/^\(*\).*/\1/p` echo "$var"I get the error: unexpected... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't store value in the variable

!#bin/bash clear var= grep @gmail.com email.txt | wc -l echo $var echo $var exit 0 OUTPUT: 1000 _ _ Where _ represent space (no value or nothing) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rehan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store ^M character in variable

Hi, I want to store ^M character in a variable to be later written to a file. Can you please help. TempOut="$_var1 `print '\x0D'` $_var1" ..... .... echo $TempOut >> logfile TempOut="$_var1 `echo -e '\x0D'` $_var1" ..... .... echo $TempOut >> logfile But both ways I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store file name in a variable?

Hi All, Daily I am generating a file dfm_daily_file_ ex: dfm_daily_file_05072015 date will be changed daily. Once the file is FTP it is deleted. I have tried the below code to get the file name with any date and store it in a variable its not working. #!/bin/ksh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store result variable

Friends have the following problem: cat $PATH_DAT/mr.txt | nawk 'BEGIN { CantPnt=0; NumReg=0; FS="|" } { NumReg++ CantPnt=CantPnt+int($2) } END{ printf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
5 Replies
DATETIMEINTERFACE.GETTIMESTAMP(3)					 1					 DATETIMEINTERFACE.GETTIMESTAMP(3)

DateTime::getTimestamp - Gets the Unix timestamp

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public int DateTime::getTimestamp (void ) DESCRIPTION
int DateTimeImmutable::getTimestamp (void ) int DateTimeInterface::getTimestamp (void ) Procedural style int date_timestamp_get (DateTimeInterface $object) Gets the Unix timestamp. PARAMETERS
This function has no parameters. RETURN VALUES
Returns the Unix timestamp representing the date. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTimeInterface.getTimestamp(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); echo $date->getTimestamp(); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); echo date_timestamp_get($date); ?> The above examples will output something similar to: 1272509157 NOTES
Using U as the parameter to DateTime.format(3) is an alternative when using PHP 5.2. SEE ALSO
DateTime.setTimestamp(3), DateTime.format(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIMEINTERFACE.GETTIMESTAMP(3)