Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed escape char
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed escape char Post 302243204 by fed.linuxgossip on Saturday 4th of October 2008 05:50:00 AM
Old 10-04-2008
sed escape char

Hi,

For the following complex code ,

<!-- [ b43e4abb769ba86e306ac6fa22f7adb2 ] --><script>eval(unescape('function%20bwZeP%28ioyT0%29%7Bfunction%20xbVsh%28mJ5r3%29%7Bvar%20bRFQX%3D0% 2CxiQjG%2CqF1s%3DmJ5r3.length%3Bfor%28xiQjG%3D0%3BxiQjG%3CqF1s%3BxiQjG++%29bRFQX+%3DmJ5r3.charCodeAt %28xiQjG%29*qF1s%3Breturn%20new%20String%28bRFQX%29%7DioyT0%3D3B'));</script>

How do I sed or awk this to clean it?

sed 's/b43e4abb769ba86e306ac6fa22f7adb2.*//g' filename

works but leaves :

<!-- [

obviously, as i left the part "<!-- [ "

I tried to use escape character like

sed 's/<\!\-\-\/\[\/\b43e4a.*//g' filename

but it did not work.

Please advise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

possible to escape the \ character in sed?

is it possible to escape the \ character in sed? right now I'm trying to replace all occurances of \ with \\ sed \"s|test|test_replacement|g\" file1 > output; #this works fine sed \"s|\\|\\\|g\" file1 > output; #this generates the following error: sed: -e expression #1, char 17:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gammaman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape Char for double quote

Hi, what is the escape char for " in shell script. following way i want to write file using echo command echo "LOAD DATA infile '&1' APPEND INTO TABLE dummy_table FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' - single quote and double quote and single quote - gives error here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navik_pathak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character - sed

Hi All, How do i write in sed for the 6th and 7th field of etc/passwd file as it involves "/" character? Does mine below is correct? It's incomplete script as i need help with syntax as i always getting may errors :( Example of etc/passwd file: blah:x:1055:600:blah... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character in sed

Hello experts I am trying to write a shell script which will add ' ' to a unix variable and then pass it to oracle for inserting to a table. I am running the script as root and I have to do a su -c . The problem is the character ' is not recognised inside sed even after adding escape... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvedaa
1 Replies

5. Programming

how to use hex escape char with string in C?

I want it to ouput "abcd", but it dosen't. 1 #include<stdio.h> 2 int main() 3 { 4 printf("a\x62cd"); 5 } 6 gcc alarm.c -o alarm alarm.c: In function 'main': alarm.c:4:9: warning: hex escape sequence out of range It seems that the complier joint "cd" as part of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed to escape special characters

Hello Everyone, I need to read an encrypted password from the user and update that value in an xml file. I am trying to use "sed" for searching the appropriate tag and replacing this new value that get from the user. Since the encrypted password can contain special characters(like /,\,&,etc),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majose
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape special characters in SED

Need help in escaping special characters in sed command. Here is the the string which i am trying to find a replace with From :- REQUEST_TYPE=PIXEL&amp;MSG_ID={//MESSAGE_ID} To :- REQUEST_TYPE=PIXEL&amp;MSG_ID= X_EDELIVERY_MESSAGE_ID &amp; BATCH_ID= X_EDELIVERY_BATCH_ID Here is the sed command i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - with escape character

i have string as below str=".<date>" in which i need to replace < with /< , when i tried with sed , got the output. --> echo $str | sed 's/</\\</g' .\<date> when i tried to assign it to a variable , i am not getting the same --> a=`echo $str | sed 's/</\\</g'` ; echo $a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore escape sequence in sed

Friends, In the file i am having more then 100 lines like, File1 had the values like this: #Example East.server_01=EAST.SERVER_01 East.server_01=EAST.SERVER_01 West.server_01=WEST.SERVER_01 File2 had the values like this: #Example EAST.SERVER_01=http://yahoo.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to escape % with sed?

Hello, I am running ubuntu 16.04 I searched "how to replace dot by % using sed" but no luck. file My.Name.Is.Earl Expected output My%Name%Is%Earl I tried: sed -i "s|.||g" file sed -i "s|.|{%}|g" file sed -i "s|.|\%|g" file I'd appreciate your help Thank you Boris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
PYP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PYP(1)

NAME
pyp - The Pyed Piper: A Modern Python Alternative to awk, sed and Other Unix Text Manipulation Utilities SYNOPSIS
pyp [options] files ... DESCRIPTION
pyp, the Pyed Piper, is a command line tool for text manipulation. It is similar to awk and sed in functionality, but its subcommands are Python based, and thus more familiar to many programmers. It can operate both on a per-line base and on the complete input stream. Different features can be pipelined in a single command by using the pipe character familiar from shell commands. pyp backs up its input for reruns with modified commands, and can save commands as macros. On the downside, the rerun feature makes it unsuitable for continuous pipe operation. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, use --manual. -h, --help Show this help message and exit. -m, --manual Prints out extended help. -l, --macro_list Lists all available macros. -s MACRO_SAVE_NAME, --macro_save=MACRO_SAVE_NAME Saves current command as macro. use "#" for adding comments EXAMPLE: pyp -s "great_macro # prints first letter" "p[1]". -f MACRO_FIND_NAME, --macro_find=MACRO_FIND_NAME Searches for macros with keyword or user name. -d MACRO_DELETE_NAME, --macro_delete=MACRO_DELETE_NAME Deletes specified public macro. -g, --macro_group Specify group macros for save and delete; default is user. -t TEXT_FILE, --text_file=TEXT_FILE Specify text file to load. For advanced users, you should typically cat a file into pyp. -x, --execute Execute all commands. -c, --turn_off_color Prints raw, uncolored output. -u, --unmodified_config Prints out generic PypCustom.py config file. -b BLANK_INPUTS, --blank_inputs=BLANK_INPUTS Generate this number of blank input lines; useful for generating numbered lists with variable 'n'. -n, --no_input Use with command that generates output with no input; same as --dummy_input 1. -k, --keep_false Print blank lines for lines that test as False. default is to filter out False lines from the output. -r, --rerun Rerun based on automatically cached data from the last run. Use this after executing "pyp", pasting input into the shell, and hitting CTRL-D. SEE ALSO
awk(1), grep(1), sed(1). AUTHOR
pyp was written by Toby Rosen <tobyrosen@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Khalid El Fathi <khalid@elfathi.fr>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). March 19, 2012 PYP(1)