Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk is changing my FS !!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk is changing my FS !! Post 302243192 by jolecanard on Saturday 4th of October 2008 03:39:54 AM
Old 10-04-2008
I already tried that...
The problem then is that all my columns are spaced with only one space!

I want to keep the structure:
Code:

"   "3" "xxxxxx"  "x.xxxxExx" "xxxxxx"  "x.xxxxExx"...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk script, changing the FS for a single variable

Hi all, im new to awk and would apreciate if you could tell me how to do this, i have a file with several entries like this: 2008-09-09 21:57:45 44 403 CUSTOM_EVENT Upgrade - end1 2008-09-09 21:57:46 45 403 CUSTOM_EVENT Component Check - start... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file names with AWK

Dear All, I have some thousands of files in a folder and i need to change those file names without opening the file (no need to change anything in the file content, need to change the file name only). The filenames are as follows: Myfile_name.1_parameter Myfile_name.2_parameter... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help changing date output with AWK

Hello all, I have an issue where I'm trying to change a date in a csv text file. The file contains lines that have several fields. For example "John", "Smith","some_address","some_city","555-555-5555","11/11/1972" "Joan","User","some_address","some_city","444-444-4444","12/02/1963" The date... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: commobox
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing one number in all files using awk

Hi I want to change the number 70 mentioned in my file to 76 by using awk. I know how to change all same digits but not one particular number. I have 29 files almost similar to this. One of my files looks like #Input file for 200K NPT molecular dynamics of final 70%XL made from 58.5%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing part of column value with AWK

Hi All , Here is my req I am extracting a column value and I want to change part of its value according to user input Say the column I extracted is of 15 digits and I want to change the 11th to 14th position with user input 4 digit value Example column value 111111111111111 user input... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Text with sed or awk

I'm changing some html code on multiple web pages and I need to match particular phrases but keep some text within each phrase. E.G. I need to change this line: <DIV id="heading">Description:</DIV> into <span class="hlred">Description:</span><br /> The text "Description:" may... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hal8000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk changing values

Can somebody help me out and provide me with a SED or AWK solution that converts TO_DATE CLAUSE -> TIMESTAMP I need to keep the PARTION value (HISTORY_20110417) and DATE/TIME value (2011-04-18 00:00:00) the same for every line PARTITION HISTORY_20110417 VALUES LESS THAN (TO_DATE('... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with awk with changing parameters: TY

hi, i got several pieces of code that look like: for ff in `seq 3 $nlpN`; do npc1=`awk 'NR=='$ff' {print $1}' p_walls.raw`; echo ${npc1}; npc2=`awk 'NR=='$ff' {print $2}' p_walls.raw`; npc3=`awk 'NR=='$ff' {print $3}' p_walls.raw`; npRs=`awk 'NR=='$ff' {print $4}'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: calim_cfd
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the variable using awk?

Dear all, I have kind of used both the awk/sed command and found them really useful. But at the necessity I am having right now, I need help. Actually, I would like to do the following in file script.sh PATH535="/eos/uscms/store/user/pooja04//analysis2012/535/mc/summer12/002/tt/" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing format of file with awk

Hi all, I have a file that looks like this: Closest words to: manifesto >>>> Closest words to: passport >>>> and I want to reformat this with awk with the following desired result: manifesto 0.99999999999999978, 'manifesto' 0.72008211381623111, 'communiqu\xe9'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies
kpasswd(1)							   User Commands							kpasswd(1)

NAME
kpasswd - change a user's Kerberos password SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/kpasswd [principal] DESCRIPTION
The kpasswd command is used to change a Kerberos principal's password. kpasswd prompts for the current Kerberos password, which is used to obtain a changepw ticket from the KDC for the user's Kerberos realm. If kpasswd successfully obtains the changepw ticket, the user is prompted twice for the new password, and the password is changed. If the principal is governed by a policy that specifies the length and/or number of character classes required in the new password, the new password must conform to the policy. (The five character classes are lower case, upper case, numbers, punctuation, and all other charac- ters.) OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: principal Change the password for the Kerberos principal principal. Otherwise, the principal is derived from the identity of the user invoking the kpasswd command. FILES
/tmp/ovsec_adm.xxxxxx Temporary credentials cache for the lifetime of the password changing operation. (xxxxxx is a random string.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkrbu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
SEAM(5) BUGS
If kpasswd is suspended, the changepw tickets may not be destroyed. SunOS 5.10 30 Jul 2001 kpasswd(1)