Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers proceed through a menu-based program with a script? Post 302243101 by nichola$ on Friday 3rd of October 2008 05:01:46 PM
Old 10-03-2008
I checked out expect. that would be a great program to try for anyone else trying to do the same thing. I found out by searching the source code that there was a hidden option to run in batch mode. Thanks for the input.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Menu program

I am tasked with creating a front end 'menu' program where the users will type '1' to do this command or '2' to do that command. I have found some stuff that I can copy to do that but it looks too flimsy to roll out in a production envirionment. I was wondering if you guys might know of a more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu in Menu script issue

Problem: I am trying to create a menu in a menu script and I am running into an issue with the calculator portion of the script. I am first presented with the ==Options Menu== which all 5 options working correctly. Now comes the fun part. I select option 1 which takes me to my ==Calculator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iDdraig
1 Replies

4. Programming

C program - convert values based on the position

Hey! I'm new to C. I need to covert certain values using C. please see the below. I have figured out the logic to do it. Please provide some hints to do this with C Logic: If first position of POS = 0, shift POS to the left one byte. If third position of POS = 0, move spaces to third... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker_me2002
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program based on hostname

Hi Can you help me get the script for below requirement. when i run below script ./script QM hostname script should be working in below here inputs are QM and hostname by taking inputs it should work like below QM=$1 if QM name ends with 1 $4 should be 51431 ends with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include menu based options in Shell script?

Hi Friends, I have a menu based tool which requires input/option to proceed further. How to make a shell script ? eg: menu looks like Get_data.sh to continue (y/n) : Here I need to key in "y" to proceed. I want to prepare a script which should consider option y. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Proceed to the Next IP if the current IP hangs

Hi there, Say I have a list of IPs, I am running scripts on them. If the process hang. I want to continue with the rest of the IPs. 10.11.1.1 10.11.1.2 10.11.1.3 10.11.1.4 10.11.1.5 10.11.1.6 <-- Process Hangs here 10.11.1.7 10.11.1.8 10.11.1.9 10.11.1.10 10.11.1.11 10.11.1.12 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating bash script to process a data file based on the menu

Hey, im fairly new to unix and Im trying to make this unix project that would display a menu and do the following. MENU =========================== (p, P) Print users info (a, A) Add new user (s, S) Search user (d, D) Delete user (x,X) Exit Enter your choice: Trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimaxtrd
3 Replies

9. Programming

I'm implementing menu config based on curses terminal

I'm implementing menu config based on curses terminal. for example: $ xmake --menu It automatically gets the options in the project to generate the menu configuration interface to implement the interactive configuration, like make menuconfig based Kconfig example: $ git clone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: waruqi
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
DFF(1)								   User Commands							    DFF(1)

NAME
dff - A powerful, efficient and modular digital forensics tool. SYNOPSIS
dff [options] DESCRIPTION
Digital Forensics Framework dff is a simple but powerful open source tool with a flexible module system which will help you in your digital forensics works, including files recovery due to error or crash, evidence research and analysis, etc. The source code is written in C++ and Python, allowing performances and great extensibility. OPTIONS
-v --version display current version -g --graphical launch graphical interface -t --test=NAME start a specific test -l --language=LANG use LANG as interface language, available: es, en, fr. -h, --help display this help message -d, --debug redirect IO to system console --verbose=LEVEL set verbosity level when debugging, available LEVEL: 0 to 3 -c, --config=FILEPATH use config file from given FILEPATH -b, --batch=FILEPATH launch batch file at start (list of shell commands) from FILEPATH SEE ALSO
Project's wiki with up-to-date documentation for dff is provided at this url: http://wiki.digital-forensic.org/. Embeded help is also available through the Help menu in dff. dff version 0.9 February 2011 DFF(1)