Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: View command was typed
Operating Systems HP-UX View command was typed Post 302242872 by hoavn on Friday 3rd of October 2008 06:02:09 AM
Old 10-03-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by era
You posted in the HP-UX forum, but mention Red Hat in your posting. Are you using Linux or HP-UX? On Linux in the Bash shell arrow keys usually work just fine, unless your admin made local changes to switch the shell's keybindings to vi mode or something. Possibly if you get garbage when you press the arrow keys, the shell thinks you are on a different terminal type than what you really are; they send different arrow key codes. What does echo $TERM display for you?
I'm using HP UX, could you show more detail to help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view page command?

Hi All, When I run a command on any shell, many times the output is longer than the screen can hold, so I only can see parts of the output. Is there a command that will show me page by page the results of each command? Thanks, Jared (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaredsNew
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to view ports being used

Is there a command that will show me all ports being used? I thought maybe the "lsof" command would show me, but I'm not seeing anything. Thanks, Jeff (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to retrieve the typed command

For examples, I have typed 4 commands in the command prompt: ls -la rm -rf /home/user1 du -k /home find . -name "abc.out" -print And now I want to retrieve the command which begin with letter "r" (i.e. rm -rf /home/user1), what can I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laum
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i am not able to recall the command typed earlier in unix

i am not able to recall the command typed earlier in unix whenever i press esc key ^[ comes on the unix prompt . so esc k isnt working for me whenever i press backspace key i get ^H on my unix cursor need help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murli1200
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save all the command typed -urgent

hi I want to know how to save all the command used by all the used under a particular root with the time stamp in a file. Eg: User Name: UX10 Time: 10:56 Command: LS User Name: UX23 Time: 10:59 Command: MORE abc.txt Please do help. thanks and regards -Anand (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandtharani
1 Replies

6. Solaris

command to view the haware detail

I use command #lscfg -v in AIX system and it gives the detail of the hardware of the system. what is the similar command to view the detail of the hardware of the system in SUN-Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can you help me in providing me a command to view all files present in a directory. Thanks a lot. -Vamsi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
1 Replies

8. AIX

"/" doesn't work on command prompt for searching commands last typed

When I use "/" to look for a particular command that I typed in the current session it says D02:-/home/user1/temp> /job ksh: /job: not found. D02:-/home/user1/temp> previously it used to fetch all the commands which had job in it.. for example subjob, endjob, joblist etc... may I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetzap
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I view an 'at' command?

Hi, One of our users has loads of jobs scheduled. When I do at -l I get a long list of tasks which end in .a Is there anyway I can view what these commands will do? Also, What's the relationship between the 'at' function and the crontab? I can't see any entries in crontab....Cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

10. SCO

Command to View Processor Usage

Hi everyone, i used to know the command to show current CPU usage but i cannot remember it. It was not "Top". Openserver 6. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulbas
4 Replies
XJUMP(6)							   Games Manual 							  XJUMP(6)

NAME
xjump - a jumping game for X SYNOPSIS
xjump [ -toolkitoption ] ... [ -private ] [ -graphic file ] [ -keymap ] xjump [ -help ] DESCRIPTION
Xjump is a jumping game where you are in a Falling Tower. The floor you are standing on is sinking with the rest of the building; you will die once the floor gives way (disappears under the bottom of the display). To survive, you have to jump onto the upper floors of the tower. Because the entire tower is sinking, the upper floors will soon collapse, too, so you have to keep on jumping to higher floors. Your score is counted by how many floors you jump before you either fall off while trying to reach the next floor, or the floor you are standing on collapses. OPTIONS
-toolkitoption ... Specify X toolkit options (such as -geometry, -display, etc.). -private Use private colormap. -graphic FILE Use the XPM graphic file FILE for graphics. -keymap Read keymap directly. -help Display a summary of command-line syntax. GAME CONTROLS
To begin the game, press the Space-bar from the highscore screen. Once the game begins, movement is controlled by the Left and Right arrow keys. To jump, use the Up arrow key. Note that hitting the Left or Right arrow keys many times will cause the player to go faster. You can use this to reach floors that are far away. But be careful not to jump too far and miss! You can also change your speed while jumping through midair. If your reflexes are fast enough, you can salvage a bad jump this way. Good luck! To quit the game, press shift-Q. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-1999 Tatsuya Kudoh(CDR/TK) <kudoh@koken.club.uec.ac.jp> Masato Taruishi <taru@debian.org> This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version without ANY WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
xjump was written by Tatsuya Kudoh(CDR/TK) <kudoh@koken.club.uec.ac.jp> and Masato Taruishi <taru@debian.org>. This manual page was written by H. S. Teoh <hsteoh@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. The original game does not come with a manual page. XJUMP(6)