Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to setup hardware RAID on a T2000 Post 302242871 by soliberus on Friday 3rd of October 2008 06:00:04 AM
Old 10-03-2008
How to setup hardware RAID on a T2000

Hello all

We've just bought a T2000. It has two disks and I'm trying to figure out how to create a mirror of the boot disk. I understand that I have to boot into single user mode from DVD and then use the raidctl command to set up the mirror and label the volume afterwards.

Format returns the following:

Searching for disks...done

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
0. c0t0d0 <SUN72G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 424>
/pci@780/pci@0/pci@9/scsi@0/sd@0,0
1. c0t1d0 <SUN72G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 424>
/pci@780/pci@0/pci@9/scsi@0/sd@1,0
Specify disk (enter its number): ^D

If I run the raidctl command while in run level 3, I get the following output:

Controller: 0
Disk: 0.0.0
Disk: 0.1.0

Does this mean hardware RAID has already been set up?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Hardware RAID

I don't understood why on SPARC-Platforms have not present RAID-Controller ? Sorry for my bad english, but it's crazy always setup software RAID !!! I whanna Hardware RAID and when i can find solution ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
7 Replies

2. Solaris

T2000 Hardware RAID

Hi, I have a root with hardware RAID on c0t0d0 and c0t2d0. I would like to set the boot device sequence in OBP for both hdds. I have checked in ls -l /dev/rdsk/ for the path of c0t2d0 but it does not exist. Can anyone shed some lights on this? AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
12 Replies

3. Solaris

T2000 RAID Question

New to the boards here so please bear with me! I have a T2000 server with Solaris 10 installed on it. Disk 0 is the only disk currently being used, as I do NOT have a RAID set up. Disk 1 is just sitting there looking pretty. I'd like to set up a mirrored RAID in order to fully utilize both... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phi148
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Raid problem on T2000

Hi all, First post so be gentile :) It's my first time installing Solaris on T2000 server. I have 2 72GB HD's on it. After configuring HW raid and running raidctl command I get this output: bash-3.00# raidctl -l c0t0d0 Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Obi-Wan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Hardware Raid - LiveUpgrade

Hi, I have a question. Do LiveUpgrade supports hardware raid? How to choose the configuration of the system disk for Solaris 10 SPARC? 1st Hardware RAID-1 and UFS 2nd Hardware RAID-1 and ZFS 3rd SVM - UFS and RAID1 4th Software RAID-1 and ZFS I care about this in the future to take... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Hardware RAID on Sun T2000 Server

Hi All I have a Sun T2000 server. Couple of years ago I had configured and mirrored the boot drive with an other drive using hardware RAID 1 using raidctl command. Following is the hardware RAID output. root@oracledatabaseserver / $ raidctl RAID Volume RAID RAID Disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Hardware RAID using three disks

Dear All , Pl find the below command , # raidctl -l Controller: 1 Volume:c1t0d0 Disk: 0.0.0 Disk: 0.1.0 Disk: 0.3.0 # raidctl -l c1t0d0 Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID Sub Size ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
10 Replies
MFI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MFI(4)

NAME
mfi -- LSI MegaRAID SAS driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device mfi Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): mfi_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
This driver is for LSI's next generation PCI Express SAS RAID controllers. Access to RAID arrays (logical disks) from this driver is pro- vided via /dev/mfid? device nodes. A simple management interface is also provided on a per-controller basis via the /dev/mfi? device node. The mfi name is derived from the phrase "MegaRAID Firmware Interface", which is substantially different than the old "MegaRAID" interface and thus requires a new driver. Older SCSI and SATA MegaRAID cards are supported by amr(4) and will not work with this driver. Two sysctls are provided to tune the mfi driver's behavior when a request is made to remove a mounted volume. By default the driver will disallow any requests to remove a mounted volume. If the sysctl dev.mfi.%d.delete_busy_volumes is set to 1, then the driver will allow mounted volumes to be removed. HARDWARE
The mfi driver supports the following hardware: o LSI MegaRAID SAS 1078 o LSI MegaRAID SAS 8408E o LSI MegaRAID SAS 8480E o LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260 o Dell PERC5 o Dell PERC6 o IBM ServeRAID M5015 SAS/SATA o IBM ServeRAID-MR10i o Intel RAID Controller SROMBSAS18E FILES
/dev/mfid? array/logical disk interface /dev/mfi? management interface DIAGNOSTICS
mfid%d: Unable to delete busy device An attempt was made to remove a mounted volume. SEE ALSO
amr(4), pci(4), mfiutil(8) HISTORY
The mfi driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.1. AUTHORS
The mfi driver and this manual page were written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The driver does not support big-endian architectures at this time. BSD
May 12, 2010 BSD