Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Veritas Storage Foundation
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Veritas Storage Foundation Post 302242654 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 2nd of October 2008 01:47:21 PM
Old 10-02-2008
why use vxvm and vxfs when solaris comes with slvm and ZFS? for infos about solaris and volume management go to http://docs.sun.com and look for the solaris documentation.
the vxvm and vxfs documentation can be downloadad at the symantec website...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question

How do you get the total size of the LUNS currently online on a Solaris 10 server running Symantec Storage Foundation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question (Data Migration)

Using Solaris 10 with Veritas Storage Foundation running. I want to copy all contents from DISKA LUN1 to DISKB LUN2. What would be the command syntax to do this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
0 Replies

3. Solaris

VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0

HI friends, i'm planning tot study VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0 .but i didn't get the study meterial (pdf or URL link). Any one can help me to get the PDF . Rgds, Jay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas Storage Foundation basic and Core cluster solaris 10 release 7 install

After much hitting my head to the wall with this meesages root@crasher /workzone/dvd4_sfb-sol_x64]#./installer -verbose -installonly 5.0MP3 Installation Program Copyright (c) 2008 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristezo2k
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VERITAS Storage Foundation

Hi I have some practical experience with VERITAS Volume Manager and File System. Now I want to appear for VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0 certification. From my previous experience with Solaris certification I can say that some kind of preparation with sample/practice questions would be highly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Perl problem while installing Veritas Storage Foundation

Hi Guys, I am getting some Perl problems during my Veritas Storage Foundation installation on Solaris 10, 64 Bit. The Solaris is running in a Virtual Machine on a MAC: bash-3.00# ./installer Can't load 'perl/lib/5.10.0/i86pc-solaris-thread-multi-64int/auto/threads/threads.so' for module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korko
0 Replies