Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail: no space for temp file
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications mail: no space for temp file Post 302242598 by usernamea on Thursday 2nd of October 2008 10:17:20 AM
Old 10-02-2008
It is necessary that system administrator free up some disk space?
I couldn't empty mailbox by myself?
Where are located mailbox files?

Regards
Leonardo Siza

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send Mail NOQUEUE low on space

Need help to resolve this message "NOQUEUE: low on space (have 18, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue)" Attached capture file from server HPUX 10.2 Ace root@PS01 : Aug 13 18:27:30 SANG last message repeated 7 times Aug 13 18:27:45 PS01 sendmail: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 18,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: real-chess
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append to end of each line of file without a temp file.

Hello I am trying to append an incrimenting number to the end of each line I have it working with a temp file. But I want to do this without a temp file. a=1 cat "file" | while read LINE do echo "$LINE, $a" >> filewithnumbers a=`expr $a + 1` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Delete temp files and check file system

Hi all, new to the threads as well as Unix/Linux. I need to create a script that will delete any temporary files as well as check the files on the system for errors or corruption. This is what I have so far and I'm sure that I'm missing things or have the wrong commands. I'm not sure where to go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bwood1377
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid a temp file

Hi all. I want to check the free space on a given FS and process the output. Right now, I'm using a temp file to avoid using df twice. This is what I'm doing #!/usr/bin/ksh ... df -k $FS_NAME > $TMP_FILE 2>&1 if ]; then RESULT="CRITICAL - $(cat $TMP_FILE)" else cat $TMP_FILE | ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox1212
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating a field in a File without creating temp file's

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to update the below items in file, 1. END TIME 2. PREV_STATUS For the first time the PREV_status and end time of all job the job will be sysdate & NULL reply as below, Session_name,Load Type,Frequency,Seesion End time,Prev_Status... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace a string in a file without the use of temp file

Hi - I am looking for a replacing a string in a in multiple *.sql files in directory with a new string without using a temporary file Normally I can use sed command as below for W in ls `FILE*.sql` do sed 's/OLD/NEW/g' $W > TEMPFILE.dat mv TEMPFILE.dat $W done But Here in my... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghutapal
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining header and data and send email without usage of temp file

Dear All- My requirement is as below- Header file $ cat HEADER.txt RequestId: RequestDate: Data file $ cat DATAVAL.txt 1001|2009-03-01 I need to send the combined data below as email body via mailx command ------------------ RequestId:1001 RequestDate:2009-03-01 I would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I/O Redirection: how can I redirect error msgs to a temp file

Hi there, I just want to know how can I redirect error msgs returned from running a command (e.g. nslookup) and then only print out the correct output using an if statement?. I've tried the following: where $a is a list of IPs. but I got all the error msgs printed out to screen and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup on large file based on a temp file

hello guys Please help me with the below issue I have two files one base file another lookupfile base file abc-001 bcd-001 cde-001 Lookupfile abc-001|11|12 abc-001|11|12 abc-001|11|12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the name of an extracted file to a temp file

What would be the best way to store the name of an extracted file from a tar to a text file? I want to extract one file from a tar and store the name of the extracted file to a temp file. tar -xvf tar_file.tar file_to_be_extracted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies
from(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   from(1)

NAME
from - Shows whom mail messages are from SYNOPSIS
from [-s sender] [user] The from command prints out the mail header lines in your mailbox file. OPTIONS
Prints headers for mail sent by sender. Specifies a mail spool directory. Use this flag if you want to examine a mailbox in a directory other than /usr/spool/mail, which is the system default. DESCRIPTION
If user is specified, then user's mailbox is examined instead of your own. EXAMPLES
To display the message headings in your mailbox, enter: from The names of the senders and the message dates are displayed. To display the message headings for mail sent by a specific user, enter: from -s dale Displays only the message headings of the messages sent from user dale. To display the message headings in a specific user's mail- box, enter: from dawn The message headings from user dawn's mailbox are displayed, provided you have read permission for dawn's mailbox. FILES
User mailbox files. SEE ALSO
Commands: biff(1), mail(1), mailx(1) from(1)