Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse out known messages from a log file Post 302242529 by DeCoTwc on Thursday 2nd of October 2008 06:24:15 AM
Old 10-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn2008
That is strange...
I get an empty happydays file. I am running on Linux RHE4.0. Would that make a difference.
Code:
zh0tx-.../temp < 114> cat excep 
The signal "/RAM12/dout<15>" is sourceless and has been removed.
The signal "/RAM22/dout<14>" is sourceless and has been removed.
The signal "/RAM23/dout<13>" is sourceless and has been removed.
The signal "/RAM24/dout<12>" is sourceless and has been removed.

zh0tx-.../temp < 115> cat orig 
The signal "/RAM12/dout<15>" is sourceless and has been removed.
The signal "/RAM22/dout<14>" is sourceless and has been removed.
The signal "/RAM23/dout<13>" is sourceless and has been removed.
The signal "/RAM24/dout<12>" is sourceless and has been removed.
Sourceless block
"U0/blk_generator/valid/has_B/dout0" (SFF) removed.
Sourceless block
"U1/blk_generator/valid/has_B/dout0" (SFF) removed.
Sourceless block
"U2/blk_generator/valid/has_B/dout1" (SFF) removed.
Sourceless block
"U3/blk_generator/valid/has_B/dout1" (SFF) removed

zh0tx-.../temp < 116> egrep -vf excep orig > happydays
zh0tx-.../temp < 117> cat happydays
zh0tx-.../temp < 118>

Well now I'm interested to find out what the deal is. My first post was in Cygwin...but to be sure I just VPN'd to a Solaris system & a Linux system at work and got the same results. I look forward to finding out what's up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping tail to awk to parse a log file

Hello all, I've got what I'm pretty sure is a simple problem, but I just can't seem to work past it. I'm trying to use awk to pretty up a log file, and calculate a percentage. The log file looks like this: # tail strtovrUsage 20090531-18:15:45 RSreq - 24, RSsuc - 24, RSrun - 78, RSerr -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help w/ script to read file and parse log message

Hi, I am working on the script to parsing the specific message like "aaaa" in multiple log files like N1-***,N2-***,N3-***... The script is to find the list of lof files which contains the message "aaaa" and export the list into excel filE. Can anyone give help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyork2001
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a log file and remember last line

Hi all: I'm working on a HPUX 11.23 system and I am needing to parse a tomcat-jakarta log file for memory use. Getting the desired data is easy, assuming the log file does not grow. This file grows constantly and I want to check it q 5 min. The next check will pick up from where it left off 5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the log file

./abc.sh started at Sun Oct 24 06:42:04 PDT 2010 Message: ======= Summary Report of NAME count ----------------------------------------------------------------- Below is the output of the SQL query :- NAME COUNT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed to parse log file

Hi all, thanks for reading the post. I'm trying to parse hundreds of log files in a directory. One log file looks similar to below: Investigator : Jim_Foo Custodian : Jim_Foo-HDD1-FOO-1234 Export Path : N:\FOO-1234\Foo_Foo Compute MD5 : No File List Only: No Extensions Selected:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/Parse log file's lines using time difference/timestamp

I was looking at this script which outputs the two lines which differs less than one sec. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; use constant SEC_MILIC => 1000; my $file='infile'; ## Open for reading argument file. open my $fh, "<", $file or die "Cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cele_82
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse A Log File

Hello All, Below is the excerpt from my Informatica log file which has 4 blocks of lines (starting with WRITER_1_*_1). Like these my log file will have multiple blocks of same pattern. WRITER_1_*_1> WRT_8161 TARGET BASED COMMIT POINT Thu May 08 09:33:21 2014... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log file to insert into database

I have a log file that's created daily by this command: sar -u 300 288 >> /var/log/usage/$(date "+%Y-%m-%d")_$(hostname)_cpu.log It that contains data like this: Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (myhostname) 08/15/2015 _x86_64_ (1 CPU) 11:34:17 PM CPU %user %nice ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unplugme71
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script | Parse log file after a given date and time stamp

I am developing one script which will take log file name, output file name, date, hour and minute as an argument and based on these inputs, the script will scan and capture all the error(s) that have been triggered from a given time. Example: script should capture all the error after 13:50 on Jan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROMA3
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Parse apache log file with three different time formats

Hi, I want to parse below file and Write a function to extract the logs between two given timestamp. Apache (Unix) Log Samples - MonitorWare The challenge here is there are three date and time format. First :- 07/Mar/2004:16:05:49 Second :- Sun Mar 7 16:02:00 2004 Third :- 29-Mar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
6 Replies
nsd-checkconf(8)						    nsd 3.2.12							  nsd-checkconf(8)

NAME
nsd-checkconf - NSD configuration file checker. SYNOPSIS
nsd-checkconf [-v] [-h] [-o option] [-z zonename] [-s keyname] configfile DESCRIPTION
nsd-checkconf reads a configuration file. It prints parse errors to standard error, and performs additional checks on the contents. The configfile format is described in nsd.conf(5). The utility of this program is to check a config file for errors before using it in nsd(8) or zonec(8). This program can also be used for shell scripts to access the nsd config file, using the -o and -z options. OPTIONS
-v After reading print the options to standard output in configfile format. Without this option, only success or parse errors are reported. -h Print usage help information and exit. -o option Return only this option from the config file. This option can to be used in conjunction with the -z option. The special value zones prints out a list of configured zones. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the config file from the shell. If the -z option is given, but the -o option is not given, nothing is printed. -s keyname Prints the key secret (base64 blob) configured for this key in the config file. Used to help shell scripts parse the config file. -z zonename Return the option specified with -o for zone 'zonename'. If this option is not given, the server section of the config file is used. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the con- fig file from the shell. The -o, -s and -z option print configfile options to standard output. FILES
/etc/nsd3/nsd.conf default NSD configuration file SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), nsd-xfer(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-checkconf(8)