Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Xend cannot start in my system Post 302242501 by era on Thursday 2nd of October 2008 04:36:20 AM
Old 10-02-2008
Are you running the Xen-enabled kernel? Try uname -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how to start the x window system

hi, am new to hp-ux, i just bought an hp-ux with the hp-ux 11.0 os, is very old, and i wnat to start the x window system but it send an error that said that couldn't open the x server, i try startx, xinit, and nothing, and also where i can find tutorials for hp-ux os for beginners (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
7 Replies

2. SCO

System will not start

I am running OpenServer 5.0.5a on a Compaq Proliant 800. When trying to start the system it goes through loading everything and at the end I get the following message. WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found H iinit ime Loadable Driver May be requiredG drain8042 PANIC: srmontfun -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlb1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job at system start up

I want to know if there is a way to make a certain set of programs start in order at system startup with cron or something else i dont know about. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
3 Replies

4. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding hdparm to system start-up

Hi, I have read about a vulnerability that allows to lock any IDE/SATA hard drive with a password, unless the BIOS "freezes" the drive's (no-password) status. Even though less secure, this protection can also be archieved by software (only few BIOSes have that feature). hdparm offers a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gunther
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xend kills network connectivity on boot

red hat 5 update 4 64bit. linux newby. on an interactive boot i can ping -t my vm linux server from my physical MS XP workstation and a vm W2000 64 bit server until xend is started, after that i get destination unreachable. if i choose not to start xend on the interactive boot i retain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slartibartfast9
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Unable to connect Xend with virt-manager

Hi guys. I have installed debian 6.0.1a. I have install all XEN stuff. including xen kernel, libvirtd, ... but when i want to connect xend virt-manager shows me this: Verify that: - A Xen host kernel was booted - The Xen service has been started details: Unable to open connection to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to start system console in ELOM?

Hi, The system is Sun x4150. I use putty ssh to access to it. I can't start system console: (hung) Any help will be greatly appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

How to start in System Administration?

Hi all, I wonder if you guys could give me some advice on this. I have messed around with Linux for the last few years, and I'm at the point where I would like to become a system administrator - as a career. I already have a bachelor's degree, but it is in the humanities (art history) so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScottLew
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start Script on system reboot

Hi, I have the following script that looks for a certain file and then executes the start.sh file. How can i make this process to kick when the box reboots. Please advice if ; then /u01/Essbase/Oracle//Middleware/user_projects/epmsystem7/bin/start.sh; rm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
8 Replies
XEN-LIST-IMAGES(8)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					XEN-LIST-IMAGES(8)

NAME
xen-list-images - List all the created and configured Xen images. SYNOPSIS
xen-list-image [options] Help Options: --help Show this scripts help information. --manual Read this scripts manual. --version Show the version number and exit. Testing options: --test Specify an alternate Xen configuration directory. OPTIONS
--help Show the scripts help information. --manual Read the manual. --test This flag causes the script to load the Xen configuration files from a different directory than the default of /etc/xen. --version Show the version number and exit. DESCRIPTION
xen-list-images is a simple script which will display all the Xen images which have been created. This works by iterating over all files matching the pattern /etc/xen/*.cfg which is what the xen-create-image script would create. For each instance which has been created we'll display the name, and then either the IP address configured, or "DHCP" to denote a dynamic host. TODO
It should be possible to determine the disk(s) used by the images, and then display their sizes. AUTHORS
Steve Kemp, http://www.steve.org.uk/ StA~Xphane Jourdois LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2005-2009 by Steve Kemp, (c) 2010 by The Xen-Tools Development Team. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. 4.3.1 2012-06-30 XEN-LIST-IMAGES(8)