Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in finding and replacing port numbers. Post 302242240 by ankushsingh10 on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 01:05:43 PM
Old 10-01-2008
CPU & Memory

Thanks for the above posts but

The number of files are not fixed... also I need a shell script solution n not have python.

also ...the script can have perl commands in it.

Please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

finding port numbers

hither! whatz the command to find which process is using a specific port number? for example, port 8082? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkcastle
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shellscript for finding and replacing in DG-UNIX

Newby here..... Is there any way of doing a find & replace within a huge file other than using something like : " vi - FileForReplacing < /u1/excel/consultants " contents of consultants file looks like :1,$s/0000031/CON/g :1,$s/0001032/JONES/g :1,$s/0001355/SMITH/g... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing numbers greater than 0 with 1

I have some ASCII files containing numerous numbers. What I'd like to do is replace all numbers greater than 0 with 1. Examples of the numbers include: - 000011 and 000042 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Finding port number !!

Hi all , I want know the port no on which a particular application is running. How to find that? Thanks in anticipation (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Port number Using Sed

Hi Im trying to replace http port value.However for some reason its not working.Can you guys take a look and hit me with suggestions please.Your help is much appreciated. echo "Enter Value" read ans sed -i "s/http-port = 80 /http-port = $ans/g" demo Note:demo is the filename ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing numbers in bash scripts

Hi, I have lines in some files that look exactly as below, and the line numbers they occur in are always the same. (Lines 136-139) W 0.00000000 0.00000000 2.00000000 W 0.50000000 0.50000000 2.50000000 W 0.00000000 0.00000000 3.00000000 W 0.50000000 0.50000000 3.50000000 I'd like to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluesmodular
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding and replacing links

Hi, I would like to do a scripting for finding the links based on the name I have and replace the links with the new name. General find command lists everything for that links ( means all the sub-sirs and all the files), i need only the main link and replace. Can you anyone give me some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mapping and replacing numbers in two files

hi i have two files one of the form 1 2 2 45 3 56 4 98 5 6598 6 98 7 10 8 0 9 15 10 56 This file's significance is that it maps the number in first column to that of the number in second column The other file is of the form 1 2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP - using port numbers?

Hi Guys, I saw this line of code in a script sftp username@hostname#2200 get file and the script never asked for password. Can you please explain on this?:confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a character between two numbers

Hi, I need to replace a character between two numbers (specifically a - to a _). The problem is that they can be *any* numbers. So, I need a one liner to turn a file like this: 1-2 3-4 55-66 4323-12312893 into the following 1_2 3_4 55_66 4323_12312893 Any help would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
5 Replies
IPCHECK(8)						  System Administration Utilities						IPCHECK(8)

NAME
ipcheck - dyndns.org client DESCRIPTION
Usage : ipcheck.py [options] Username Password Hostnames or ipcheck.py [options] --acctfile acct_info_file Options: -a address manually specify the address -r URL NAT router, use web IP detection -A text scan syslog for an IP after text (Unix only) -F filename guess the WAN IP from a firewall log -b backup mx option ON (default OFF) -c custom dns option (default dynamic) -d dir directory for data files (default current) -e script execute script after a successful update -f force update regardless of current state -g NAT router, let dyndns guess your IP (do not use this in a cronjob, try -r) -h print this help text --help print all available help text -i interface interface for local address (default ppp0) -j disable https -l log debugging text to ipcheck.log file --syslog log debugging text to syslog (Unix only) -m mxhost mx host (default NOCHG) -o set dyndns offline mode -p proxy bypass on port 8245 -q quiet mode (unless there is an error) -s static dns option (default dynamic) -t test run, do not send the update -v verbose mode -w wildcard mode ON (default OFF) --makedat create the ipcheck.dat file by dns lookup --devices print router options (Linksys, Netgear, etc) -n ip the router IP address on the internal lan For help with different options: python ipcheck.py -h For supported devices listing : python ipcheck.py --devices For long detailed help text : python ipcheck.py --help Make sure you can write to the current directory for data files and that you always run from the same directory. The first time you run the script, you will be asked to run with the --makedat option in addition to any other options. This will create the data files for the hostnames and options your specify on the command line. You should only do this once. Subsequent runs should be made without the --make- dat option. For help with different options: python ipcheck.py -h For supported devices listing : python ipcheck.py --devices For long detailed help text : python ipcheck.py --help Example 1: the external IP is on eth0 of the current machine python ipcheck.py -l -i eth0 username password hostnames Example 2: you are using the Linksys routing device python ipcheck.py -l -L linksyspassword username password hostnames Example 3: you want to use web based ip detection python ipcheck.py -l -r checkip.dyndns.org:8245 ... where ... is your dyndns username password and hostnames. Hostnames should be comma delimited if there are more than one. Debian GNU/Linux January 2012 IPCHECK(8)