Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Squid Configuration problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Squid Configuration problem Post 302242225 by Simon Young on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 12:33:20 PM
Old 10-01-2008
Squid Configuration problem

I have squid version 2.6 running on ubuntu linux as a proxycache although caching is not being used, the problem I have is that certain websites that require the user to log into do not seem to pass through the squid, the only thing I see is that the website is trying to access a file called tlogin.php any suggestions would be appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Problem with SQUID

hi all... i installed Red Hat 9...but i can use a proxy server with service squid... in my job i have a direct internet connection in the linux, but i configurate squid.conf...ports...ip's.... but still not working...with the windows machines.... in the linux server if i put the 127.0.0.0 port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chanfle
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

squid logs problem

hi i am having problem with proxy logs the log file in /var/log/squid/access.log is having 0 size i am using red hat linux enterprise edition squid version->Version 2.5.STABLE6 with default conf file and it is running but whatever i access from internet it is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusudankh
1 Replies

3. Linux

Squid Browsing problem

Configured Squid2.0 on linux9. Browsing is very slow in client side. takes atleast 1min to open the page. can anybody tell me what to do Thaks in Advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: teenasuresh
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

msn messenger problem with squid

Dear All I m running Linux Proxy Server on RHEL-5 64bit for providing http access to users in my office, i m facing a problem while using msn messenger on LAN, we access msn messenger through above mentioned proxy server, whenever I sign in to msn messenger, it gets signed on but after a short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfer24
1 Replies

5. Linux

Squid Tproxy Bandwidth problem

I Configure Tproxy using squid 2.6 then the squid is fine I can see the website that my users are accessing when I connect my tproxy to my LAN users The internet become slow and I can ping the Google some above 3000 ms also end users cannot ping google and with out tproxy I can ping Google 150ms ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadabdillahi
3 Replies

6. Debian

Squid Advance problem.

Hi There I have a network where im running squid proxy in transparent mode. All sites are blocked by default and the users can only browse sites listed in a file called allowed-sites. I have to block a group of users in department A from accessing 5 sites that the rest of the company can access.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxjunkie
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Squid Configuration Help

I am trying to configure my squid to block access to certain websites facebook and twitter in this case. After defining my acls and the corresponding http_access lines users are still able to access these websites. I would also like to allow access to the proxy from 12:30 to 14:00 hrs only. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanmuts2000
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

SQUID Proxy server configuration

Can any one direct me to the resources where I can find in-depth instructions on Squid Proxy server and its configuration? Thanks in advance.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Squid Dynamic Proxy Server Configuration

Hello all, I am trying to configure squid proxy server for different organizations. These organizations will have different blocked ports, different acls, etc. But, I can use only one proxy server for this purpose. Thinking of making a shell script with iptables and squid. For an example: a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

10. Linux

squid + AD configuration issues

Hi, I am new in squid. We need to make our squid users to be authenticated by Windows AD. The squid proxy is installed on SuSE linux. Here are AD related settings: auth_param basic program /usr/sbin/squid_ldap_auth -P -R -v 3 \ -b "dc=mydomain,dc=com" \ -D cn=squid.bind,ou=service... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies
cachemgr.cgi(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   cachemgr.cgi(8)

NAME
cachemgr.cgi - Squid HTTP proxy manager CGI web interface SYNOPSIS
http://your.server/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi DESCRIPTION
The cache manager ( cachemgr.cgi ) is a CGI utility for displaying statistics about the Squid HTTP proxy process as it runs. The cache man- ager is a convenient way to manage the cache and view statistics without logging into the server. CONFIGURATION
Configuration examples for many common web servers can be found in the Squid FAQ wiki. http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq ./cachemgr.conf /etc/squid/cachemgr.conf The access configuration file defining which Squid servers may be managed via this cachemgr.cgi program. Each line specifies a server:port followed by an optional description The server name may contain shell wildcard characters such as *, [] etc. A quick selection dropdown menu is automatically con- structed from the simple server names. Specifying :port is optional. If not specified then the default proxy port is assumed. :* or :any matches any port on the target server. SECURITY
cachemgr.cgi calls the requested server on the requested port using HTTP and returns a formatted version of the response. To avoid abuse it is recommended to configure your web server to restrict access to the cachemgr.cgi program. AUTHOR
Derived from Harvest. Further developed by numerous individuals from the internet community. Development is led by Duane Wessels of the National Laboratory for Applied Network Research and funded by the National Science Foundation. COPYRIGHT
Distributed under the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL) version 2 or later (GPLv2+). QUESTIONS
Questions on the usage of this program can be sent to the Squid Users mailing list <squid-users@squid-cache.org> REPORTING BUGS
See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting for details of what you need to include with your bug report. Report bugs or bug fixes using http://bugs.squid-cache.org/ Report serious security bugs to Squid Bugs <squid-bugs@squid-cache.org> Report ideas for new improvements to the Squid Developers mailing list <squid-dev@squid-cache.org> SEE ALSO
squid(8), squidclient(1) cachemgr.cgi(8)